OLYMPUS OM-2S Program (price evaluate)

ellioott

Name
Elliot
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello, this is my first post so if I'm doing anything wrong please tell me!

My Dad has recently given me his old camera which is an Olympus OM-2S Program. He's given it to me and has told me to sell it, and what it makes will go towards a camera for me! I've been surfing the internet to try and find this camera and prices but I really can't find anything on it!
The Camera comes with about 4 different lenses, filters, flashes, tripod, cleaner set and the original bag he got it with. This camera was first produced by Olympus from 1994 to 1998. The camera has been treated very well from my father and is in magnificent condition, it only requires new reel and a battery. I would just like to know as a rough averaging evaluation price was I could get for this as I don't want to go in to a camera shop without any knowledge of this camera or price as I could easily get more for it. I'm sorry if my description of the camera is very vague, i'm only a beginner to also this, but the lenses he's got is something like; a fish eye lens, x2 lens (not sure but it double powers??) and two other lenses.

I'm currently at my mothers but I would provide pictures if it was here.

If there's anything you can add about it or anything it would be greatly appreciated. I do see this camera being sold on Etsy for £135 which comes with two lenses, but that's about the only price I know of, and on Ebay I see the bodies being sold for about £60-100 but I don't have any known information if these have sold. My Dad reckons for the whole lot, you could probably get about £150 but that's my Dad view. If you know any prices or predictions it would be very handy!!

The Olympus OM2sp can be had from ebay etc for about £100, give or take £20.

As for the lenses, it depends which ones they are. It should be printed around the front element. Olympus lenses are probably worth a bit more than third party lenses of the same era and are generally considered to be quite good.
Batteries are the silver oxide type which are not easily purchased. Best to get them online. The Battery Station has the best prices I've found.
The OM2sp is well known to have problems with battery drain as there is no off switch. So, put it away carefully or take the battery out if you are storing it for a while.

It's a good camera to learn photography with.

If your fisheye lens is the Olympus OM 16 f/3.5 it will be worth more than £100 on its own, possibly quite a bit more.

The doubler you talk about is a 2X Teleconverter. Again if it's Olympus branded it will be worth between £10-£30 I reckon.

There are 2 further lenses you say. Depending on what they are they may be valuable or not so valuable. If you could relay what's written on the front of the lenses or show some pictures we might be able to help you better.

£50-£100 for an OM2sp sounds about right. I picked up a very good condition one on eBay for slightly more than £50 this year.

All this is assuming there is no fungus in any of the lenses.

Back