Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Hi guys I'm coming back to m4/3 after kinda recovering from a long illness and needing to go lighter so just got another em5 and will be selling my nikon gear.
Looking forward to sharing stuff as I'm going to have more than a little spare time.

Hi guys I'm coming back to m4/3 after kinda recovering from a long illness and needing to go lighter so just got another em5 and will be selling my nikon gear.
Looking forward to sharing stuff as I'm going to have more than a little spare time.
Just debating on an EM5 or G7 as a second body

I had em5's 2 years back and kinda felt right with them but I got stick from some members of my club but sod it looking forward to the postman now.

Just tried my yongnuo 560iv's with the 560tx on my stylus 1 and they work fine.
Happy days.

I had em5's 2 years back and kinda felt right with them but I got stick from some members of my club but sod it looking forward to the postman now.
Got a great deal on a em1 and loving it , I do like the gx8 , that would future proof for some time to come.

I was thinking more for low light slow shutter speeds. The omd's have brilliant ibis and can shoot clearly at some really slow speeds
True that's why I'm tinkering toward the GX8 and it's newer sensor.
Love the em1 but I'd prefer a mixture than all the same.

Last edited:
Em-1 and samyang 7.5mm fisheye, then de-fished using a sigma 8mm FE profile in LR

Thank you. The beauty of the samyang is that you just stick it on, f8-ish, just before the infinity mark and snap away

The problem is no ability for filters...so I started thinking about the 7-14 pro ( until I saw the price :eek: )

Hopefully when my Nikon gear goes I will be on a buying spree(glad the wife don't read these posts lol)

Lovely pic it's a wonderful lens, having just changed to MFT I'm really not finding anything I'm missing from my Nikon dslrs but finding the size much better,was amazed how small this is when I first opened the box, thought it was a toy, lol [emoji16] but it certainly doesn't feel or perform like one

Took delivery of a used em5 and 12-50mm yesterday, and what a breath of fresh air, i'm not going to miss the weight of my dslr for sure and i cant think why i got rid of my m4/3 kit to go back to dslr's.

Who lives with just primes on here I'm thinking of
17mm 1.8
25mm either pany 1.4 or oly 1.8
45mm 1.8
And eventually 75mm 1.8

Em1 and em5 bodies
How does the pany 1.4 compare to the oly?

A little wider, bigger and you'll not really notice the DoF difference.

I've inly had the o25 but sold it for the sigma 30f1.4 which is bigger still :)

the Leica/panny has a lovey way of rendering images there are some good reviews that demonstrate it. i really enjoy using mine, just wish i could do it justice!

The Panny 25mm F1.4 has that special 'something' that's hard to define. I've got the O25mm now and, although there's nothing wrong with it, I'd take the Panasonic every time (apart from the size and weight).

Just sold my E-M10 and was thinking of going full frame but the thought of cheap small quality prime lenses is making me think E-M1. I think the main reason i sold the E-M10 was i have large hands and even with the grip i found the camera a little small to hold.

Who lives with just primes on here I'm thinking of
17mm 1.8
25mm either pany 1.4 or oly 1.8
45mm 1.8
And eventually 75mm 1.8

Em1 and em5 bodies
How does the pany 1.4 compare to the oly?

I own all of those (bar the Oly 25mm) and I, almost exclusively, use the 12-40 pro.

I'm not saying they aren't nice lenses, the 45 and 75mm are particularly nice but the zoom is so good I only ever use a prime if I have to.

I own all of those (bar the Oly 25mm) and I, almost exclusively, use the 12-40 pro.

I'm not saying they aren't nice lenses, the 45 and 75mm are particularly nice but the zoom is so good I only ever use a prime if I have to.
I had the 12-40 2.8 before I went back to a dslr just it took away the small m4/3 ideal for me but it was a Stella piece of glass.
Decisions decisions lol.

Yes especially with a 4 year old and a 3 week old daughters! Part of the family though.

Back