Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Here's some shots, nothing special. Still waiting for Lighroom to be compatible with the E-M5 raws so using Snapseed for the time being. All taken with the 12-50mm kit lens.

7099963051_d45f03cbe3_c.jpg

7099963149_66a998c814_c.jpg

Willo said:
Here's some shots, nothing special. Still waiting for Lighroom to be compatible with the E-M5 raws so using Snapseed for the time being. All taken with the 12-50mm kit lens.

Thanks, will want a daily fix though ;)

From another forum...........

Sorry to pee folks off. I managed to pick one up in a well-known department store in London today. They said they had received 4 this morning. I bought the last one around 4.45. I may have misunderstood, but it sounds like the price for the kit is either going or has gone up to £1250, and the body-only will go up commensurately. :eek:

V. nice pice of kit. Scary fast.

I'll bet they are waiting to ship mine before they hike up the price :crying:

Have I missed something, I thought you weren't getting one?

I was hoping that no one was going to notice :confused:

I still have a body on pre-order.

Can't make me mind up about anything.

The longer it takes the worse I get, I'm very much an impulse buyer. If I want anything I want It NOW.

I'll never hang myself though, that's one good thing.

I did however manage to replace my G3, get a GH2 and a 25mm f1.4 while I'm waiting.
It's great to have more than one body, don't have all this lens changing nonsense. ;)

Last edited:
I was hoping that no one was going to notice :confused:

I still have a body on pre-order.

Fickle you know, Fickle that's me.

It's my middle name, can't make me mind up about anything.
The longer it takes the worse I get, I'm very much an impulse buyer. If I want anything I want It NOW.

I'll never hang myself though, that's one good thing.

I did however manage to replace my G3, get a GH2 and a 25mm f1.4 while I'm waiting.
It's great to have more than one body, don't have all this lens changing nonsense. ;)

Gordon Bennett! Do you ever take photos, or do you just buy and sell cameras? :D

I'm amusing myself while I wait for my EM-5 (Jessops now saying April 30th, I'm leaving for Asia on May 5th:() by buying OM legacy glass from eBay and playing with them on my GH2. Takes the mind off the wait?

Gordon Bennett! Do you ever take photos, or do you just buy and sell cameras? :D

I'm amusing myself while I wait for my EM-5 (Jessops now saying April 30th, I'm leaving for Asia on May 5th:() by buying OM legacy glass from eBay and playing with them on my GH2. Takes the mind off the wait?

May 5th....:eek:
Good luck

May 5th, I trust you are taking a back-up camera, yes of course you are.

Fuji X-Pro1 vs Sony NEX-7 vs Oly OM-D E-M5 - Low Light Test

[YOUTUBE]BRyQU6XCQt0[/YOUTUBE]

Well, after a looooong wait, tomorrow I should be an OM-D EM-5 owner. My black kit with the 12-50 shipped today. I had ordered a silver body only but apart from the fact that I wanted to take the EM-5 on holiday in just over a week, I started to think the silver didn't look as good with the grip fitted. I'll keep youse posted.

It looks good with the grip in either colour, although better in Silver. :p

Which reminds me, I sent off my details for the grip on Sunday evening and on Monday I received an email saying the grip should be on it’s way!

I've just read the Steve Huff preview 'review' - he seems to be rating this better than the Fujifilm X-PRO 1. Some tests are indicating it has better ISO control than the 5D MK II (!).

I was about to swoop on the Fujifilm but I'm now going to sit back and see where this goes.

I've just read the Steve Huff preview 'review' - he seems to be rating this better than the Fujifilm X-PRO 1. Some tests are indicating it has better ISO control than the 5D MK II (!).

I was about to swoop on the Fujifilm but I'm now going to sit back and see where this goes.

Seems to be his fav right now

"You guys know I do not do “technical” tests with charts but some enjoy this scientific look into cameras and sensors. I have been shooting with the OM-D E-M5 for a few days now and absolutely love it. Without a doubt it is my top mirrorless choice right now. Above the Fuji, Sony and others. Why is this? Well, not only for its design, build, size, color, sharpness, high ISO performance and speed and responsiveness but also due to the lenses available."

Got another email from Amazon, estimated delivery now brought forward to May 3rd

My Amazon order arrived today, and I'm not home until tomorrow! Only pre-ordered on the 19th March, so quite happy to have it now as the last email said 2nd May..... :)

My Amazon order arrived today, and I'm not home until tomorrow! Only pre-ordered on the 19th March, so quite happy to have it now as the last email said 2nd May..... :)

Nice, placed my order on April 1st so I was behind you in the queue ;)

Lovely, I've gone for the black body too. What lens is that Glenn (would love to see some samples taken with that lens too)?

Lovely, I've gone for the black body too. What lens is that Glenn (would love to see some samples taken with that lens too)?

It's an OM 135 f2.8, great lens. Watching telly ATM. More tomorrow. The 12-50 lens seems pretty good, the macro mode is very good.

Bah, wish I'd ordered with Amazon! Still waiting for my Jessops order.. and checking round every day here there and everywhere to look for leads on anything. I want the silver kit which is part of the issue - I had the chance to buy a black kit the other day but passed it up.

I've decided to give Jessops an "ultimatum" on Monday (last day to qualify for the grip) and if they can't promise a silver kit within a week or so, to go get a black one as it seems to be fairly easy to get one of those now. I read elsewhere that people had seen them physically in shops in London! I really want the camera for a short break in mid May..

I've decided to give Jessops an "ultimatum" on Monday (last day to qualify for the grip) and if they can't promise a silver kit within a week or so, to go get a black one as it seems to be fairly easy to get one of those now. I read elsewhere that people had seen them physically in shops in London! I really want the camera for a short break in mid May..

Go on, get the black one, I much prefer it :D

I think I might anyway.. my patience has expired! I am desperate to try out this new Wonder Camera!! :)

Mine came yesterday just in time for the foul weather :(
But I'm happy :D Anyone tried out the slideshow with music function yet? :LOL: the multiexposure looks fun too. ;)
6972451730_dd9b66f291_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The weather has been shocking today and doesn't look much better tomorrow either, only taken a few test snaps with mine. At least it gives a bit of time thread the manual.

The weather has been shocking today and doesn't look much better tomorrow either, only taken a few test snaps with mine. At least it gives a bit of time thread the manual.

It'll take more than the manual to get it set up the way you want and everything working the way you like - try about three days in solitary confinement - I'm on my second day in solitary now, and I've had Oly's for years! :D

WEX are showing stocks of the black body, I've just ordered one.

I've had it with Park Cameras, they said last night they were expecting deliveries but could not say when.

Phew.......I've done it, spent the money I had for the EM5, I feel much happier now.

I've replaced the G3 that I should never had sold after buying the GH2.
The IQ from the G3 is IMVHO, superior (just) to that from the GH2 and equal to if not better than that from the EM5, again IMVHO.

Also I've added a Pany 25mm f1.4 Summilux to the stable and am now considering a Pany 100-300.

THe G3 cost me £369, 37% that of a EM5, and the 25mm cost me £440.

That works out to total 81% that of a EM5, and I have a terrific set-up.

There were a number of features that I could just never come to terms with on the EM5.
No flippy-out screen, which for me is essential.
Waterproofing, never ever needed it, grip never really wanted one.

And from experience IMVHO the G3 IQ is on a par with the EM5.

Ah, almost forgot, the over-inflated, hyped-up launch price of £999, for me it was just a no-brainer.

I got a G3 plus a terrific lens plus £190 to spend on :shrug: as I said for me it was just a no-brainer.

WEX are showing stocks of the black body, I've just ordered one.

I've had it with Park Cameras, they said last night they were expecting deliveries but could not say when.

Your self contradiction is impressive.

Back