Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Have a look through my Flickr stream damion over the last 18 months ,I don’t hide exif data you should be able to find various combos of camera and lenses on there make your own mind up

That looks pretty darn good Alf. (y)

Alby I am liking it already

Is this a mft mount lens alf or adapted?

It is an MFT lens Laowa are now licensed to make MFT lenses

Ref the 150-400mm, another Imaging Resource interview.....but on the design and engineering aspects

@RedRobin and @GyRob et al ;)

.... W O W !!! Absolutely fascinating! Thanks for posting this 'Box Brownie'!

Just when Captain Sensible had almost convinced me that I don't need this lens because my ED 100-400mm is giving me good enough results.

Also the unknown delay in supply had made me think it may be many months before it actually arrives on my doorstep and I was beginning to forget I had even ordered it.

One day in the future when it does arrive I anticipate that it will be very difficult indeed to return it to WEX with thanks but as unsuitable for my purposes. The only deal breaker I can think of is its weight when handholding in one position for a time [But Robin, don't forget you have a very nice Gitzo Traveller carbon monopod which hasn't been out much since moving from Canon!]. I'm not in my 30s and working out in a gym several times a week!

Most of my use would be mounted on my Jobu gimbal setup on the window sill of my KitchenWindow Hide and on my tripod all day on beaches shooting surfers.

"I don't need this" says every handbag addict girlie as she picks up a new Prada :ROFLMAO:

On the Olympus chat at the Photography Show today they said that the next batch of 150-400 lenses was on its way, but they were all spoken for, and they knew the lens would be popular, but it had exceeded expectations. You aren't likely to see one in a shop for some time.

Has anyone used any of the new cheaper manual lenses ? Pergear 35 f1.2 for example ?

I have the samyang 7.5 mm fisheye ,excellent lens that with its 2 inch to infinity range in reality needs no focussing at all .. got it for landscapes /townscapes etc then got clobbered by lockdown

Thanks, I have one of them as I had one years ago. It’s good fun but I’m thinking of something a little longer

Got my silly head on today and a severe case of GAS so oops I just bought a 7artisans 60mm macro lens .. there getting good reviews. On the interwebby thing ,so why not .. got all my macro lighting bits and bobs left from last years insect foray so why not .. getting ready as spring is springing LOL

Got my silly head on today and a severe case of GAS so oops I just bought a 7artisans 60mm macro lens .. there getting good reviews. On the interwebby thing ,so why not .. got all my macro lighting bits and bobs left from last years insect foray so why not .. getting ready as spring is springing LOL

Last week the 100-400 with the 1.4 t/c was fantastic for macro - you’re dangerous, you are ! :):):exit::cool:

It’s this bloody lockdown the cars doing 3 months to the gallon .. and in all honesty I can’t see the restrictions in wales changing much come Friday . So just sat here playing the piano on e.bay ,nearly bought a spotting scope earlier but the interwebby went down as I bid ,the gales I presume , then i spotted this lens .. according to the reviews it compares favourably with the oly 60mm ..
I’ll still use the long lens for butterflies etc ,might need another small body for the macro lens though hmmmmm

Watch this space

It’s this bloody lockdown the cars doing 3 months to the gallon .. and in all honesty I can’t see the restrictions in wales changing much come Friday . So just sat here playing the piano on e.bay ,nearly bought a spotting scope earlier but the interwebby went down as I bid ,the gales I presume , then i spotted this lens .. according to the reviews it compares favourably with the oly 60mm ..
I’ll still use the long lens for butterflies etc ,might need another small body for the macro lens though hmmmmm

Watch this space
Oh dear I fear this will get expensive

Have put a wanted add for the plastic fantastic 40-150 ED M.Zuiko in case anyone has one in the cupboard

Some more shots with my MFT Laowa 50 f2.8

Some millipedes found on the rotten wood I have an old bin just for this kind of shot

51021993823_cb2b4bffe4_b.jpg
1615474564490.gifmillipedes by Alf Branch, on Flickr

51022823977_7a0785c3aa_b.jpg
1615474564508.gifMillipede by Alf Branch, on Flickr

51021993973_3b117c1bb9_b.jpg
1615474564524.gifLittle millipede by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Some springtails

These were only spotted through the lens as they are tiny a two shot handheld stack one hand on the camera one holding the leaf at 2:1

51009637493_7f1c2acf0b_b.jpg
1615474564540.gifTiny collembola by Alf Branch, on Flickr

51010446532_05e48e68ae_b.jpg
1615474564556.gifCollembola by Alf Branch, on Flickr

51010345181_d25c98ec6e_b.jpg
1615474564572.gifKatiannidae by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Good set as usual Alf

Watch this space
Well I just tried my Raynox 250 on the front of the 100-400 zoom, 7mm across the frame equal to 2.46 : 1 magnification, 50-60 mm distance at 400 and gets to keep all the stacking/bracketing Olympus features, plus it fits in your pants pocket and attaches in a jiffy!

Major update to Adobe today it includes a new feature in camera raw called super resolution , which up scales your photos by a factor of 4 ,aimed at wildlife photographers it turns a 16mp image into 64 mp

Major update to Adobe today it includes a new feature in camera raw called super resolution , which up scales your photos by a factor of 4 ,aimed at wildlife photographers it turns a 16mp image into 64 mp
This sounds very interesting Jeff

This sounds very interesting Jeff
just had a demo by my lad ,interesting as I ended up with a 43mp image BUT its not for me or my ageing i.mac taking far to long to process one photo I'll stick to what works for me ..if it aint broke dont fix it .. and as I have no intention of updating my system in the foreseeable future .. game over

Last edited:
Back