Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

I lifted it a bit, it's had some clarity and some contrast added, upping the whites and lowering the blacks. I have a similar shot taken with an rx100 m2 so will see how that comes out when I have a little time

I really need to learn PP :(

Question for you EM-10ii owners please?

When you zoom in on an image in Playback, can you then scroll through your other images whilst zoomed? Eg to select the image with the sharpest focus out of a group of the same subject.
Also, is there a one touch zoom in/out facility eg 100%?
Thanks in anticipation.
Anyone, please?

Anyone, please?

yes is the answer.

press the playback button, then zoomed or not the forward right hand wheel will scroll forwards and backwards through your taken photos.

If you are zoomed in, the same part of the other photos are shown at the same zoom.

Quite useful if yoiu are taking photos of the same thing at different settings, as you can see the variations of the settings.

Mj (Em10 mk1)

Anyone rocking an old em5 and if so are you happy with how it stands up against say the newer kit available? My dads looking at a CSC but doesn't want to go mad on an em5ii just incase it's not worth it for him. (Pics of slow and not too bouncy dog and landscape).

I've been down the em5 route before and loved it but I can't remember how it performed against the kit I have now so can't really comment as something great at the time may not be great by the standards id expect today.

yes is the answer.

press the playback button, then zoomed or not the forward right hand wheel will scroll forwards and backwards through your taken photos.

If you are zoomed in, the same part of the other photos are shown at the same zoom.

Quite useful if yoiu are taking photos of the same thing at different settings, as you can see the variations of the settings.

Mj (Em10 mk1)
Many thanks Mark, appreciated!

Anyone rocking an old em5 and if so are you happy with how it stands up against say the newer kit available? My dads looking at a CSC but doesn't want to go mad on an em5ii just incase it's not worth it for him. (Pics of slow and not too bouncy dog and landscape).

I've been down the em5 route before and loved it but I can't remember how it performed against the kit I have now so can't really comment as something great at the time may not be great by the standards id expect today.

Picture quality is identical, it doesn't have quite as nice buttons as the newer ones and it doesn't have wifi but if that's not important then it is still a very current and capable camera.

So the 5 axis stabilisation is still up to date/scratch then? If so, superb!

Yes it is, supposedly it isn't up to the standards of the new version but I was never unhappy with the 3 axis on my EM10 and although my EM1 and EM5ii are better it isn't a massive difference really.

Thanks - always nice to get good weather in this country.

Was going to go to Bournemouth tomorrow but it looks a bit poop weatherwise

Since getting a new lens for my E-M5 II, the 40-150mm f/2.8 it's been raining or I've been working, I've just had chance to take a shot in my garden and I like it so far, I can't wait to get out (hopefully tomorrow) and try it out.

My cat on the garden fence.
40-150mm f/2.8 @ 150mm
f/2.8
1/320
ISO 3200

Some help please, I've got a few lenses and a flash and some filters for my OMD EM10. I have a Tenba bag for out and about but I want a backpack to store all my stuff in at home.
I want one that the front zips back, like a can of sardines lid, to be able to see all my stuff . I have a 60mm, zoom, a pana 35-100 and an Oly 75-300 along with my Olly 12-40 pro that will be on the camera.
I have looked at a few but only seen a Manfrotto advanced gear bag that does not look too big. I don't need a half camera/half backpack one.
Any ideas
This won't be going outside only for storage in the house
thanks
Steve

Has anyone done any comparisons between the Oly 12-40mm f2.8 and Panny 12-35 f2.8 lenses? Seriously considering one or the other to my kit bag. Would be used on a GX8.

Thanks in advance.

Simon.

Think that there is so little between them, it's hardly worth mentioning. The Oly gives an extra bit of reach but loses out on size and weight.

I've got the Oly and wouldn't change it

Think that there is so little between them, it's hardly worth mentioning. The Oly gives an extra bit of reach but loses out on size and weight.

I've got the Oly and wouldn't change it

Thanks guys.

Robin - are using the Oly on a Panasonic body as well as an Olympus body? Anything to be aware of using it on your Panny body if you are?

Cheers,

Simon.

Thanks guys.

Robin - are using the Oly on a Panasonic body as well as an Olympus body? Anything to be aware of using it on your Panny body if you are?

Cheers,

Simon.
I've been using it on the em1 but had no issues on the GX8 which the 40-150 2.8 is stuck to, I do find the i s is better on the em1 but again no real issues

Thought id do a small comparison of the oly 40-150 2.8 against the fz300 what do you think?

Attachments

• P1000630.JPG
    P1000630.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 49
  • P1040007.JPG
    P1040007.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 52
  • P1040011.JPG
    P1040011.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Back