Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

I don't know about that - the squirrel is with a 40-150 pro @ f2.8. There are loads of good sharp lenses

M43 rumours just stated that the EM1 MK II price in Japan has been leaked which equates to around $2250. As we all know in rip off Britain, the Dollar price eventually means quite near the sterling price, so if the EM1 MK II has a list of well over £2k, that's me out I'm afraid. That's full frame D810 territory.

Guess we'll see for sure tomorrow.

Hilarious. Even at £1600 it's too steep for me so I'll wait until it settles down / sterling gets corrected by the traders.

Unless they're offering £1000 trade in ;)

Agreed, I'm going to sit tight until the price comes down significantly.
The more people that say that, and do that, the quicker the price will come down. If you go to the US based mu43.com site, half of them will have their pre-order in already. But they are paying in dollars.

Pound against the dollar: :-(
brexit.jpg

Last edited:
Just looked at the currency. In September 2013, gbp /usd was 1.586 giving £1300/$2060. Today's £1850 is around $2250 so it looks " ok " in terms of the dollar change. Looking at the change in yen, it's +40000 which is almost 25% so seems high.

Either way, I'm not buying

The thing to remember is the dollar price doesn't include taxes whereas ours includes VAT. That brings is closer. The CAF would need to be incredible at that price!

Very expensive...spare a thought for our those based in Australia, New Zealand and Canada - those prices are even more eye-watering!

The Robin Wong review is impressive, few things stop me in my tracks but the 5 second hand-held light-trail and skyscraper shots are pretty incredible.

yet he says that there is little change in DR...high ISO may be 1 stop better

OK, if you can hand hold ( if you're rock steady which i'm not ) for 5 seconds then you won't need high ISO for many shots

I see a review on camerajabber.com saying:

" the tracking AF system also seems good. It doesn't always stay with the subject but i found it more reliable than past Olympus systems........There's the occasional slip but its useable"

Hardly glowing. "good" and "useable" ...hmmm..

it also says that noise is controlled well up to ISO6400. Is that good ? OK, its better than the mk1 but compared to the XT-2 which seems very good at 12800 from what i've seen

He's always positive isn't he ?

The price started me looking at a d750 again as you can get one from hdew + 24-120 for £1870.

Meh.

He's always positive isn't he ?

I don't know how many time I have to say this...

He's positive because he usually doesn't post reviews of kit he doesn't like and he's said this repeatedly and clearly.

Look, the write up is there, read it if you want. If you don't why bitch? Jog On.

:confused::confused:

eh ? You said he has a "very positive" review on his site.

i read his part 1 review

I reply "he's always positive isn't he" and then a comment regarding the price of alternative cameras

Then you go into one that i'm bitching and tell me to "Jog On" ?

Where the hell has that come from ? I agreed with you and you think i'm having a dig or something Alan ?

I don't get your reply :thinking:

Yep. I have one for em5ii. Works very well as an l bracket but I don't find the solid aluminium grip part very comfortable to hold for long periods. Would still recommend it mind.

Been testing the E-M10 MK11 today to see if i want it,poor light but it works well with all three of my Panasonic lenses,a quick one with the 100-400

P1010013.jpg

Hearing reports of people getting sharp hand held shots of up to 15 seconds with the new Olympus OMD-EM1 mkii.....that's ridiculous!....I can just about do 2 seconds on a good day on the mki.....I've even heard rumours of 1/4 second with a 300mm lens (that's 600mm ff equivalent! ).....tripod out the window soon (except for proper long exposures)

I think the inbuilt ibis in the new pro lenses helps give the 6.5ev in the mk2, without these lenses it's 5.5 so in theory I should be able to achieve better stability with the 12-100 than the 12-40 ( at 12mm of course )

That's said I've never managed 1 second let alone 5+ but maybe my hands aren't so steady

Back