Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Something slightly different this time... Shot at the wider end of the Panasonic 100-400mm.

The land on the horizon in this shot is the Llyn Peninsula. I like the way the picture arranges itself into lots of layers.
EM1X1066.jpg

The starlings didn't put on much of a display and stayed very close to the water.
EM1X1096.jpg

Thats fab Jeff, I don't know how you manage to get so close, I find them very flighty if you get within 50 feet!
just got a load more shots in a full blown blizzard . bit of pp to do later

I was supposed to be heading up to Abergele from Aberystwyth this morning... Thankfully, I decided not to bother. ;)
it turned bad very quickly we were in st Asaph which is at sea level . it was initially sleet at low levels then turned to really heavy snow and just kept getting stronger . once passed Holywell on the A55 it was rain . not seen it come down like that for a long time

Last edited:
stunning set , I know the conditions and the place so extremely well done

Last edited:
stunning set , I know the conditions and the place so extremely well done
Thanks Jeff.

Fortunately, it's only a 20 minute drive from my house... It used to be a regular haunt for photos but I stopped shooting anything requiring a long lens for quite a few years.

That last shot of yours is stunning by the way. Perfectly timed! :)

Thought I'd be somewhat minimalist inspired, given the conditions were on my side for this. Also found a spooder on the windowsill, who was super chill while I took a few snaps. These are tweaked ooc jpegs.

C111270 (1).jpg

C111274 (1).jpg

C111307 (1).jpg

C111353 (1).jpg

C111334 (1).jpg

C111345 (1).jpg

These are em1 mark ii with 40-150 kit lens and 60mm macro. I have a few on the epl7 as well, but not moved them to phone yet. Raw edits to happen during the week :)

Yep the BW works for me to

Purely taken as an experiment from the bridge near our back door, this was with the E-M1iii, Panasonic 12-60 f3.5-5.6, 1/200 @f5.6, ISO200, hand-held hi-res mode then processed in PureRaw2 and Lightroom. I really wanted to see how hi-res handled moving water.

Queen's Rock in winter by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

EM1 Mk III won't switch on !! I seem to remember this being asked before and a solution being suggested,

My s/h EM1 MkIII just arrived from MPB, but rather cleverly it came in an EM5 MkIII box (with EM5 accessories, manual, charger etc) so I can't charger the EM1 battery.

Thus, I don't know whether the camera not switching on is because the battery is flat or a fault, or some weird setting.

Is there some setting that might be stopping it switching on?

EM1 Mk III won't switch on !! I seem to remember this being asked before and a solution being suggested,

My s/h EM1 MkIII just arrived from MPB, but rather cleverly it came in an EM5 MkIII box (with EM5 accessories, manual, charger etc) so I can't charger the EM1 battery.

Thus, I don't know whether the camera not switching on is because the battery is flat or a fault, or some weird setting.

Isn’t there a switch on the rear that can be customised as on/off. Might be worth checking. I’d be inclined to return the lot and start again. I expect someone’s bought EM5 and feeling pretty chuffed with his M1 mk3.

I would first suspect the battery. I bought my E-M1iii from MPB, and when it arrived it too wouldn’t switch on. Fortunately I had a fully-charged 3rd party battery which worked. The supplied battery was flat as a fart and needed a full charge. I think MPB have such a large stock of these cameras that many of them have been sitting in their warehouse for long enough to discharge the battery.

Isn’t there a switch on the rear that can be customised as on/off. Might be worth checking. I’d be inclined to return the lot and start again. I expect someone’s bought EM5 and feeling pretty chuffed with his M1 mk3.
Thanks, I seem to remember that the lever that can be set to 1 or 2 had something to do with it.

And, it's me that has got the M1 Mk3 in an EM5 box, but I paid for the M1, it's just the box that is wrong.

So, the "other person" if they have sold it, will have paid for an EM5, but got it delivered in EM1 box.

I would first suspect the battery. I bought my E-M1iii from MPB, and when it arrived it too wouldn’t switch on. Fortunately I had a fully-charged 3rd party battery which worked. The supplied battery was flat as a fart and needed a full charge. I think MPB have such a large stock of these cameras that many of them have been sitting in their warehouse for long enough to discharge the battery.
That is my suspicion, but its irritating, I'm hoping they will get something sorted out today and maybe pay for Saturday delivery. They said they would sort something out urgently.

But, so far they haven't got back to me, and my next day delivery of the camera took two days, so not sure how much hope for a delivery tomorrow.

That is my suspicion, but its irritating, I'm hoping they will get something sorted out today and maybe pay for Saturday delivery. They said they would sort something out urgently.

But, so far they haven't got back to me, and my next day delivery of the camera took two days, so not sure how much hope for a delivery tomorrow.
I had the same issue with mpb regarding delivery the other week with a Panasonic 25mm lens. I paid for next day delivery and it arrived a day late.
They did refund the full postage though and I wasn’t in too much of a rush.

I had the same issue with mpb regarding delivery the other week with a Panasonic 25mm lens. I paid for next day delivery and it arrived a day late.
They did refund the full postage though and I wasn’t in too much of a rush.
They have already refunded the money, but I think it was DPD rather than MPB that was the problem. I got various messages from them about delays delivering in my areas, then later the same day that it would be delivered, then it was delivery was running a bit late, then that it had arrived at the delivery depot, then it would be a day late, then it would be delivered, then it was running late, and then it was delivered.

EM1 Mk III won't switch on !!
To reply to myself.

Would I be able to charge the battery "in camera" with the USB A to USB C charging lead for my Logitech keyboard.

I also, of course, don't have the EM1 manual, but I presume I will find instructions by googling.

To reply to myself.

Would I be able to charge the battery "in camera" with the USB A to USB C charging lead for my Logitech keyboard.

I also, of course, don't have the EM1 manual, but I presume I will find instructions by googling.
Probably. You won’t do any damage by trying. A red light should show on the camera. Expect it to take absolutely ages, though.

Probably. You won’t do any damage by trying. A red light should show on the camera. Expect it to take absolutely ages, though.
I'm hoping it will still be quicker than waiting for MPB to sorting out getting the correct charger etc to me.

It's now plugged in and red light is showing :)

Back