Olympus OM1 battery

Name
Kardo Ayoub
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone,
I just bought an Olympus OM1. it's in very good condition and everything seem to work but I am missing the battery cap. does anyone where I can get one of those online or in london. also I heard that you can modify it so it takes othe more available batteries. where can I do that.

Thanks for your help.

Kardo

This might be worth a look LINK
Look at the "MR9 Adapter" at the left hand side of the page.

Thanks guys for your help.
Does anyone know if camera city in london would do these repairs with the battery modifications?

I believe that you can use a zinc-air cell of the same physical size as the mercury cell originally used in the OM1. They're sold as hearing aid batteries and have the same nominal voltage as the mercury cell. However once you've removed the tab to activate the cell, the life is rather short.

I'd go for the MR-9 adaptor. You can use it in other devices that used mercury cells, like the Olympus 35RC compact (a superb little camera) and some of the older exposure meters.

I use the adapters in my old Olympus, Rolleis and Nikons from this guy

http://www.paulbg.com/Nikon_F_meter_batteries.htm

About £4 each, I bought 4, brilliant quick delivery and very helpful. Batteries are included with the adapter then you can just buy the hearing aid batteries from Boots or steal them from my mother, like I do ;) Obviously I am not inviting you to steal from my mother :LOL:

I use the adapters in my old Olympus, Rolleis and Nikons from this guy

http://www.paulbg.com/Nikon_F_meter_batteries.htm

About £4 each, I bought 4, brilliant quick delivery and very helpful. Batteries are included with the adapter then you can just buy the hearing aid batteries from Boots or steal them from my mother, like I do ;) Obviously I am not inviting you to steal from my mother :LOL:

Thanks a lot,
I just bought something similar from cameracity in London £8 each and seem to work fine.
But this is much cheaper. thanks
Ps. next time you go round your mothers steal a few for me as well. lol

Back