Olympus OM10

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Just got me an Olympus OM10 with a Zuiko f1.8 50mm for £17 of evilbay. Does it sound like a good deal?

Andy

Erm.......YES! They are great cameras! I have the OM-2 which i love. The lenses are superb and can be picked up very reasonably.

I bought a OM-2, 70-150mm lens, filters, flash, electric winder, leather case and all manuals for £45 all in and all minty fresh! The lens looked brand new and lives in a leather carry case of it's own.

It's all good fun!

My first camera was an OM-10.........I loved it. Shame I had to sell every time Ive upgraded. :D

I wasn't a fan of the clip-on manual control-module, I must say...
An OM1 or OM2 would have been my choice...
Great lenses though...

The lens would be a bargain at that price, so with the camera seems you have done well.
I have the same lens on my OM1 and put a roll of film through every few weeks to keep it nice and slick.:love:

Pick up a 50mm f1.4 if you can. As Tony the Tiger says, They're Grrrrrrrreat!

The OM10's a nice little camera - if you didn't get it already then look out for the Manual Adapter that plugs into the front to give you full manual exposure.

I had a little problem with fungus on some old lenses I got given so that was a good excuse to upgrade to the 50mm f1.4.

have fun!

Thanks folks. I was after a Nikon f90 but they slipped away so as I needed to buy something and this looked just the job.

Andy

Just got me an Olympus OM10 with a Zuiko f1.8 50mm for £17 of evilbay. Does it sound like a good deal?

Andy

If on the lens it says "made in Japan" then according to the experts it's supposed to be the better lens..erm well I have both (with and without) and I can't see any difference in results.

btw the Nikon F301/n2000 is a good cheap camera.

Great camera. As Rob says, the slight annoyance is the need for a manual adapter -- well worth tracking down if it didn't come with one.

Andy

Thats not bad at all really. I just got one as a swap. Did you get any bits with it?

When I was into film I always wanted an OM10 or evn a 2 but had invested in Pentax at the time

When I was into film I always wanted an OM10 or evn a 2 but had invested in Pentax at the time

Helen wanted one for years after hers was stolen a few years ago. I got one for the IR (I did get the FM for that but I like it so much I am keeping it for B&W film)

These things are addictive, now after a 55mm f1.2 and a 16mm 3.5 fisheye, haha! You will fall in love!

Just the camera and lens but you are all right, its addictive. I still want an F90 and a small rangefinder for street shots, hopefully Mrs Snap won't read this and begin the nagging and if she does then 'Mind your own business woman'. :D

Now I'm in trouble.

Andy

Just the camera and lens but you are all right, its addictive. I still want an F90 and a small rangefinder for street shots, hopefully Mrs Snap won't read this and begin the nagging and if she does then 'Mind your own business woman'. :D

Now I'm in trouble.

Andy

:wave:
:nono:
:withstupid:

Not sure theres going to be a wake. I believe Im to 'disappear' shortly after the building of a new patio. Good job I didn't buy the 2 Voightlanders and the Ensign I found at my local antique shop today........

Andy

Mrs Snap could have saved the money on a new patio. I've just put up 24' of new fence and I'm sure you would have fit at the bottom of all the holes :)

Thank you Darren, you've been a big help......She's got enough ideas of how to get rid of me without you giving her more.

Andy

:LOL: Great few last posts...

I have an OM-10 and I love it! Nifty bit of kit! :)

Well it arrived this morning and its in excellent nick, the original case is a bit tatty but the camera and lens are spotless and its the made in Japan version lens as well. So get some film tomorrow and give it a whirl.

Andy

Well it arrived this morning and its in excellent nick, the original case is a bit tatty but the camera and lens are spotless and its the made in Japan version lens as well. So get some film tomorrow and give it a whirl.

Andy

Are you going for black and white? I'm loving the Kodak BW400 black and white C41 process film in mine :)

Andy

Well you have an excellent lens so no excuses for poor shots :)

I think I'll try both colour and b&w see which works best. I'll give the Kodak a go I think.

Andy

Well you have an excellent lens so no excuses for poor shots :)

Its not about the kit, its about the photographer...... oh heck I'm in trouble then.:D

Andy

Amateurs! You're not trying hard enough!!!! I have all this Olympus kit from new; in no particular order:-

24mm F2.8
35 ~ 70mm F4
49mm Polarizing Filter
49mm Skylight Filter
49mm Skylight Filter
49mm Skylight Filter
49mm Skylight Filter
50mm F1.4
55mm Skylight Filter
75 ~ 150mm F4
85mm F2
A16 (for XA2)
Accessory Shoe 4 (Hotshoe)
Connection Auto Cord winder - bounce grip
Electronic Flash T32
Electronic Flash T32
Electronic Flash T32
Eye cup
Eye cup
Flashphoto Group Manual
Grip Strap (Power Bounce 2)
Grip Strap (winder 2)
Lens Case - 24mm
Lens Case - 75 ~ 150mm
Lens Case - 85mm
Lens Hood 24mm
Lens Hood 35 ~ 70mm
Lens hood 85mm
Lens pouch - 35 ~ 70mm
Lens pouch - 35 ~ 70mm
Lens pouch - 35 ~ 70mm
Macrophoto Group Brochure C91E-481D
Motordrive Group Manual
OM Flashphoto Group Brochure C90E-0184D
OM Motordrive Group Brochure C88E-184D
OM System Brochure - German
OM System Brochure - German
OM System Brochure C21E-0484D
OM System Brochure C98E-783D
OM-1n OM-2n Brochure C15E-879D
OM2n - Chrome
OM2n at a glance Manual
OM-2n Brochure C83E-181D
OM2n Manual
One Moment of the World vol 1 (208pp)
One Moment of the World vol 2 (212pp)
Power Bounce Grip 2
Power Bounce Grip 2 Manual
Remote cord 1.2m
Semi hard Case OM-2n
T32 Filter Folder
T32 Filter ND4
T32 Filter ND4
T32 Filter ND8
T32 Filter ND8
T32 Filter wide 21
The Olympus OM Way; L Andrew Mannheim
The OM System Lens Handbook (210pp)
TTL Auto Connector 4 (Hotshoe)
TTL Auto Cord 0.3m
TTL Auto Cord 2m
TTL Auto Cord 5m
TTL Auto Cord 5m
TTL Auto Multi Connector
TTL Auto Multi Connector
Winder 2
Winder 2 Manual
XA2
Zuiko Interchangeable Lens Group Brochure C14E-D80D
Zuiko Interchangeable Lens Group Manual
Zuiko Lens Group Brochure C89E-282D

:)

Put some B&W film through the OM2n in the studio a few weeks ago and everything worked fine; except I kept looking at the back of the camera for the LCD to check the shots!!!! Great fun. I've now gone and bought a Nikon F5 VGC for..... £195! Dealer didn't realise what it was worth.

Back