Olympus OM4Ti advance lever

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Hi All,

hope you can help me with a query. I have an olympus OM4ti I am looking at but I am finding the advance lever is quiet stiff to wind on compared to my OM2 Spot. Is this normal with the OM4ti or is possible something is wrong with it? Or could it be due to lack of use? It feels like something is slightly catching when first winding on. Any advice would be great.

Thanks
David

Hi All,

hope you can help me with a query. I have an olympus OM4ti I am looking at but I am finding the advance lever is quiet stiff to wind on compared to my OM2 Spot. Is this normal with the OM4ti or is possible something is wrong with it? Or could it be due to lack of use? It feels like something is slightly catching when first winding on. Any advice would be great.

Thanks
David

It shouldn't be any harder to move than your OM2, time for a CLA I would think.

It shouldn't be any harder to move than your OM2, time for a CLA I would think.
Would you know if that is something i could do myself or would I be best to send it off to be done? Trying to work out how that would affect the cost and also how much it would cost me to have that done.

Thanks

Would you know if that is something i could do myself or would I be best to send it off to be done? Trying to work out how that would affect the cost and also how much it would cost me to have that done.

Thanks
It depends how handy you are with tiny mechanicals and electronics and whether you can catch tiny springs when they make a break for freedom.

I wouldn't try repairing it but there are others on here that are braver/more foolhardy than I am. A CLA will cost you upwards of £55 + postage there and back depending where you take it. If it's in overall good nick then its probably worth doing but if it's on its last legs anyway then probably not. Bear in mind that replacement electrics for the OM4 are hard to find even for those who repair them for a living so it might night survive if its electrics fail.

Thanks for your advice but have decided not to buy it for know in case there are other issues. I'll stick with my OM2 spot for now

Back