Olympus UWA 7-14mm - Filter adaptor advice

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
The oly 7-14 doesnt take filters without an adaptor however there seems a few of these on the market

While Im not a big filter user (got a screw on 10 stopper and a circular polariser for the 12-40) I feel that a landscape lens like the 7-14 deserves a polariser at the very least and if I get out and do more landscape like i plan to then likely some nd grads too?

Im wondering if any of you who use this lens have a filter system and which you chose to go with?

That'll be way too wide for a polarizer.

You'll get dark bands in the sky at full polarisation

Aye, thought that for skies but thought it could be ok for glare on wet rocks / removing reflections. Wonder if the same unevenness would occur or be evident in those kind of shots...

Doubt there'd be a problem on wet rocks as there are many different shades and tones. One way to find out. Rules are there to be bent a little

Paul, I have a filter system on that lens, but you will need an adapter for it. Regarding a polariser, if I was going to use one it would be a square filter one

I can put you in contact with the guy that supplied mine if you are interested?

Paul, I have a filter system on that lens, but you will need an adapter for it. Regarding a polariser, if I was going to use one it would be a square filter one

I can put you in contact with the guy that supplied mine if you are interested?

Is it the Phil Norton one as that seems to be the adaptor im swaying on I have to admit. Just been reading this guys reviews on several different ones https://chriseyrewalker.com/m-zuiko-7-14mm-f2-8-pro-filter-guide/

Is it the Phil Norton one as that seems to be the adaptor im swaying on I have to admit. Just been reading this guys reviews on several different ones https://chriseyrewalker.com/m-zuiko-7-14mm-f2-8-pro-filter-guide/

Yes thats the one that I have got, I find it nice and easy to use and you only need the 100mm filters, some of the other options either use the 150mm system or you can't use the lens at 7/8mm.

Phil is a really nice guy and a pleasure to deal with.

Where you based? If you are near me (Sussex/Surrey) you are always welcome to have a look at it

Not that near Im afraid, Im Bedford way. Good of you to offer though :ty:

It does seem that the Phil Norton one is the best from the standpoint of using the whole focal length and usability, Im just having a hard time realising that its likely to cost me at least £200 to buy and use filters with the lens. :(

that is true, but you do get a Polariser in with that kit, but it can only be used with other lenses

Back