OM Zuiko Assembly/Disassembly

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
I've got a 50mm f1.8 Zuiko OM lens and it's come apart (admittedly wirh some help from me). I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it back together. The optics are in really good nich and I don't want to scrap it. Can anyone point me to anything online that can help me out? I foind a youtube video but it's a bit unclear. It's the rear of thr lens thst needs putting back together:

20181019_105434

Last edited:
If you can't find any instructions let me know and I will take apart an old one I have slowly and take some photos

That'd be great but i don't want you screwing one of yours up on my account :)

I'll have another look at the Youtube one I found, see if I can get snywhere with that.

LOL ... sorry I can't help but I have done that a few times and ended up in exactly the same situation. Always ended up putting them in the bin myself :(

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I might replace it with a 1.4 if it comes to that.

I'm glad you rescued it from becoming scrap or a paperweight and hopefully it can go on to live a useful life :D

take apart an old one I have slowly and take some photos

A generous offer. Overall though, this. Never take anything complex apart without taking a series of photos of each stage plus laying all the parts out in order of disassembly.
We all think we can remember the order, most of us (including me) can't. :)

If all else fails, take the bits to a camera repair place or if too embarrassed get someone else to take it - the repairer will have seen this situation loads of times.
These lenses will become increasingly rare, so please dont waste one.

Good luck :)

Back