Yes
Anyone know of a UK based supplier for a set of light seals please

Not keen on USA

Thanks

Not keen on USA

Thanks

I got mine from the USA, no problem.
Cameraleather supply foam as well as leather coverings.

But, you can buy foam from Ebay and cut it yourself, as long as you have a very sharp knife and a metal rule.
I use a fresh Stanley blade when I am cutting foam to size.

Not keen on USA

Thanks
Don't be put off buying from the USA Jon Goodman who's a member on here provides and excellent service and quality kits. I've used him may time and always been very happy. This is the last email I had for him, drop him a line just to check availability JGood21967@aol.com

Also used the uncut foam from the USA for my OM1s and 2s, and it works a treat. Hardest part is cleaning all of the old stuff off. I used zippo lighter fluid.

Also used the uncut foam from the USA for my OM1s and 2s, and it works a treat. Hardest part is cleaning all of the old stuff off. I used zippo lighter fluid.

I was going to use Acertone ?

Don't be put off buying from the USA Jon Goodman who's a member on here provides and excellent service and quality kits. I've used him may time and always been very happy. This is the last email I had for him, drop him a line just to check availability JGood21967@aol.com

Email sent , cheers

If the light seals have gone then the mirror buffer may well need replacing too, so don't forget that. I've just sent an OM10 to a camera repairer to get the seals and buffer replaced, I didn't fancy doing it myself due to the chance of dropping bits of tacky gunk into the works, especially when replacing the mirror buffer. For the price I'm paying it wasn't worth buying the kit and running the risk of making a pig's ear of it! I think I'll be selling the OM10 once it comes back, as I already have two Canon 35mm SLRs, so I wanted a pro job doing on it.

If the light seals have gone then the mirror buffer may well need replacing too, so don't forget that. I've just sent an OM10 to a camera repairer to get the seals and buffer replaced, I didn't fancy doing it myself due to the chance of dropping bits of tacky gunk into the works, especially when replacing the mirror buffer. For the price I'm paying it wasn't worth buying the kit and running the risk of making a pig's ear of it! I think I'll be selling the OM10 once it comes back, as I already have two Canon 35mm SLRs, so I wanted a pro job doing on it.

Care to share who is doing this :)

Not until he's done mine! :p Joking aside, it's MW Camera Repairs http://www.mwcamerarepairs.co.uk/ . He mad a nice job of the light seals and buffer on my Canon A1, but he tends to be quite busy (a good sign!), so probably best to ask 'roughly how long' as well as 'how much' if you email him for a quote. There's postage cost each way to consider too, unless you live nearby. I tend to wait until I have a couple of cameras to send to make postage costs worthwhile. Hope this is useful.

H'mm surely having the seals done is going to cost more than the camera is worth....Ok if you are keeping it but you said you are going to sell it :confused:

Not until he's done mine! :p Joking aside, it's MW Camera Repairs http://www.mwcamerarepairs.co.uk/ . He mad a nice job of the light seals and buffer on my Canon A1, but he tends to be quite busy (a good sign!), so probably best to ask 'roughly how long' as well as 'how much' if you email him for a quote. There's postage cost each way to consider too, unless you live nearby. I tend to wait until I have a couple of cameras to send to make postage costs worthwhile. Hope this is useful.
Miles is a top bloke and lots of f&c members have used him. I’ve used him for lots of repairs but not for seal replacement, I do those myself and it’s an easy job if a little fiddly.

The camera was my Dad's (bought new) and hasn't done much work; it's in very nice condition (from memory, 'Excellent + or mint -'), complete with manual adaptor, body cap and original boxes for the body and the soft case. I'm sure it'll do OK on eBay in the new year, plus I'll have 3 lenses to sell too. I wanted it to be right for whoever buys it, and at the same time, I believe that stating 'needs new light seals' in the description is a good way to put a good percentage of potential bidders off and encourage only those looking for a DIY bargain or possible resale prospect.

As for DIY seal replacement, I'm OK with most practical jobs but with hands the size of mine I tend not to meddle with camera and clock repairs (well nothing more complicated than a box camera anyway). I'm old enough now to have learnt from previous mishaps and write-offs and know when it's best for me to leave something well alone (usually!). :whistle:

Last edited:
Back