OM4 lens 50mm f1.4 on Nikon DSLR

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
This might be a very daft question but does anybody know if there is a way to fit an old 50mm f1.4 lens for an OM4 to a Nikon DSLR? It's manual focus which makes me slightly hopeful.
Thanks,

I had one for a 50mm f1.8 and it did not fit, they only work with some of the OM lenses, can be made fit but it takes a bit of work.

Happy to do bit of work - looks like the ring you need isn't an adapter exactly more a part to replace but looks easy enough. Keen to keep the lens as it's a nice bit of kit

Happy to do bit of work - looks like the ring you need isn't an adapter exactly more a part to replace but looks easy enough. Keen to keep the lens as it's a nice bit of kit
Yes its not an adaptor, you have to replace the original mount, I think it depends on which version of the lens you have as well.

Looks easy enough, only bit not sure on is the spring. Sure I can get one just not looked before.

This might be a very daft question but does anybody know if there is a way to fit an old 50mm f1.4 lens for an OM4 to a Nikon DSLR? It's manual focus which makes me slightly hopeful.
Thanks,
Alas, this won't work. Nikon's F mount's flange distance is longer than Olympus' OM mount. So you lose infinity and gain close focus - just like adding extension rings.

Alas, this won't work. Nikon's F mount's flange distance is longer than Olympus' OM mount. So you lose infinity and gain close focus - just like adding extension rings.

Are there any Nikon DSLRs that will fit? The lens is actually 50mm f1.2. There seem to be some adapters for sale that do say they are compatible. Do have an OM4 still but the idea of using film isn't appealing.

Are there any Nikon DSLRs that will fit? The lens is actually 50mm f1.2. There seem to be some adapters for sale that do say they are compatible. Do have an OM4 still but the idea of using film isn't appealing.
All Nikon cameras have the principally same F-mount; so the flange distances are identical. In order to adapt a lens (unless the adapter has an optical element), the camera system needs to have a shorter flange distance than the lens system. Here's a list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flange_focal_distance

Back