OMG , camera bags !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how many

How many do you need? n+1 (where n is the number of bags you currently have) ;)

I have a few, my Billingham is my "daily" bag, I have an original slingshot 200 which is handy for a single body & a couple of lenses (typically a trip to London etc), a Lowepro rucksack for my long lens/wildlife kit, and a couple of other shoulder bags. I'm still looking for a decent smaller rucksack for two X-T2 bodies with lenses, flashgun and an additional lens. Can't find that one.....

Edit: Oh, and I forgot my roller case for holiday trips!!!

Edit: Oh, and I forgot my roller case for holiday trips!!!
Whilst roller cases do help with the carrying I haven't found one that doesn't weigh a significant amount to restrict the amount of kit within and still be under the carry-on limits (unless you Fly BA of course!)

Think I'm up to five.
First was a Lowepro. Then a new Lowepro when the first got tatty. Then I rented a 500mm f/4 and needed something so got a Crumpler bag someone recommended. Then I bought my own 500mm and I got a Lowepro Lens Trekker 600 for when I'm out at the weekend (it's no good as a travel bag). Most recently I got a Think-tank Airport Accelerator for travel.

I miss the large front pocket on my first bag. Coats, lunch boxes, it's fitted most things. It seems all new bag only have slim, tight fitting front/side pockets.

Last edited:
Just added the gitzo adventury 30ltr to my collection, great bag it is too

I've got clik elite obscura 30 which I actually bought back in the day for travels with A99+70-400mm, 16-35 and a 50mm. It gave quick and easy access to A99+70-400mm. Also has crap loads for space to carry everything else when you are on travels. And its airline friendly (just the right size)

Now that I have bought a 100-400mm recently I may be thinking of keeping it. So better snap it before I change my mind ;)
Only downside for you may be it not being able to fit a gripped DSLR.

I also have tamrac 5535 Adventure messenger bag which I don't really use at all...

So I had a look on the Bay, found one where the owner said this, " It will fit smaller full frame bodies but not bodies with a vertical grip." which seems to confirm your thinking. That helps.

I've got 17, so need more help than you! And what's more, some even still their labels on!!! :thinking: :LOL:

It may be early days for you but what would you say about the amount of padding and, will it take a gripped 5DII please?

I would think it would take a gripped 5D3, though not sure as I have a Sony A7R3 with L bracket in it, with a 70-200 f2.8 attached, a 100-400 , 24-70 f2.8 and a canon 16-35. I am very pleased with it, a comfy well-designed bag.

The padded liner comes out, apparently you can purchase extra padded liners for your landscape kit, portrait kit, etc :eek: I bet the liners are not cheap either.

Last edited:
I`ve got four in the loft, and one I use now. Since I`ve changed over to fuji, all the others are just collecting dust.

I have at least 10 multi compartment camera bags, along with numerous ever-ready cases, pouches for compacts/lenses/filters...
Yet I still brought another one today.

I've bought what is hopefully the last camera backpack I'll ever need. The medium variant of the small backpack I never thought I'll be getting.

I've bought what is hopefully the last camera backpack I'll ever need. The medium variant of the small backpack I never thought I'll be getting.

:D:D:LOL::LOL:

Back