OMG I did it! I Bought a GoPro Hero 3+ with Wifi Remote

Name
Duncan
Edit My Images
Yes
Well afer a very long contemplation I finally got spurred into action today when I read the latest Groupon email and saw a GoPro Hero 3+ with WiFi remote for £259.99.
Two seconds later I bought it. I hope I won't be disappointed - and that I didn't pay over the odds.

Are there any must have accessories that I should be getting, SD cards, batteries etc?

Last edited:
So jealous, been wanting one of these for over a year now.

Not sure on price but first glance says it seems quite good, feel free to send it to me if you want. :)

32GB microSD card - class 10 rating.
http://gopro.com/support/articles/software-update-release
They recommend these but if you have a smaller one of any kind it would probably do to start with.
It does seem a good deal for the top spec version.

Depends what you do with it, the one battery might be enough in reality.
There are lots of other things you will be tempted by such as pole mounts and the like.

Last edited:
Ordered a 32Gb SD card and a spare battery and charger. Looking forward to playing with it soon.

Could I ask you a favour. Can you check if the serial numbers are present on the box and inside the battery compartment of the camera please?

I suspect and I do hope I'm wrong, that these are grey imports and in order to stop them being traced the serial numbers are removed, which makes it difficult to update and/or claim under warranty.

Hope I'm wrong but at that price, I suspect it's not intended for the UK market.

Ta

Last edited:
I suspect they are grey imports bought from somewhere with a good exchange rate and maybe import duty and VAT avoided too. I'd be interested to hear from Duncan though about the serial numbers as it could be history repeating itself :-(

I expect it will be a few days or a week before it arrives, but will check serials etc. is there a way to check the source from the serial numbers?

Oh dear, not good reading. I hope I don't have problems!

I guess I should have done some research first. Maybe my credit card company will reverse the transaction if the goods aren't correct.

Last edited:
It's good you paid by credit card and I guess they might be able to help. My worry is that even if it's not faulty on arrival, if it's missing it's serial number, it could cause problems down the line.

Sorry to be the bearer of (potential) bad news but looking at the reviews I hope you can see why I wanted to let you and others know.

I expect it will be a few days or a week before it arrives, but will check serials etc. is there a way to check the source from the serial numbers?

GoPro would be able to. It might be worth ringing GoPro support once it arrives and asking the question. At least if it's got it's serial number, it's not so bad I'd hope.

I got one of the older version off groupon last year, don't know if it has serial numbers or not, it's been fine so far!

In answer to your earlier question about SD cards.

These are the memory cards recommended by GoPro

• SanDisk Extreme 32GB microSDHC (SDSDQXL-032G)
  • SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC (SDSDQXL-064G)
  • Lexar 32GB SDHC 600x (LSDMI32GBSBNA600R)
  • Lexar 64GB SDXC 600x (LSDMI64GBSBNA600R)
  • Delkin 32GB SDHC (DDMICROSDPRO2-32GB)
  • Delkin 64GB SDXC (DDMICROSDPRO264GB)
The cameras can be quite fussy about the quaity of cards used as people who had the previous Hero 3 from launch day will tell you. Freezing and failed recording caused by cards that can't keep up with the high write speeds needed, especially in high quality modes.

If you stick to the ones above you shouldn't have any such issues but there are alot of fakes about too, so again, try and buy from a reputable source.

Thnaks Paul,

I did look at that page and have ordered two of the specific Sandisk cards mentioned. Hope they're not fake :)

There are loads of deals on eBay at the moment around this price I wonder if they are the same.
Still on my list of things to buy.

Still awaiting delivery. 7days was estimated and I ordered on 21st I think.

Yes, it arrived safe and sound, serial numbers and all. Still learning the ropes with it but it seems to work great, impressed with it.

Good news! :-D

If you need any info/advice, feel free to look us up and get in touch.

I see the GP 3+ Black is back on Groupon again, at £290 this time. Don't know if it's the same seller.

I have the Gopro silver 3+, great little cameras! Touch screen LCD unit is worth looking into instead of draining your battery quicker through wifi onto phone! Batteries are cheap of eBay, my 3rd party batteries last longer than the original!

**Mod Edit**
If you wish to advertise your products,
please contact the admin for the T&C's, prices etc.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
**Mod Edit**
If you wish to advertise your products,
please contact the admin for the T&C's, prices etc.
Thanks.

I'm not advertising no products? I'll sell you a bar of soap if you really want my used 1?

I have the Gopro silver 3+, great little cameras! Touch screen LCD unit is worth looking into instead of draining your battery quicker through wifi onto phone! Batteries are cheap of eBay, my 3rd party batteries last longer than the original!

Ditto, LCD backpack is the best accessory I ever added, especially if you want to use it for stills. far better on the battery than wifi, and yes, buy plenty spare batteries!

Back