OMG....Just got my D700

Name
Doug
Edit My Images
Yes
Well to be accurate I've just taken delivery of the D700, Sigma 70-200 2.8, Tamron 17-35 2.8-4 and Tamron 28-75 2.8....OMG WTF etc etc.. They are lovely.

I'm really surprised at the difference full frame makes. The main reason for the upgrade from the D300 was the performance of the D700 at high ISOs (which by the way I'm blown away with), but the depth of field and field of view are all quite different, but in a good way. :D

Early days yet but as I was bursting with excitement (like I was 14 again) I thought I had to share!

Oh, and the shutter slap is noticably different from the D300 and I like it! lol.

Must change my signature at some point......

I love that feeling, and I love that shutter noise.

Congratulations on your new kit :clap:

I love that feeling, and I love that shutter noise.

Congratulations on your new kit :clap:

Cheers py6km, the only problem is that I always get new stuff when I've got a really busy couple of days coming up! I it'll be there when I get back, but I just want to play.........:bonk:

All you need is a DK-17m viewfinder magnifier (which makes the lovely viewfinder even lovlier!) and a GGS screen protector, and you are good to go :)

Can I have a D700 with Canon EF mount please? I love my Canon glass but a compact full frame camera with usable AF... *shudders*

welcome to the club! I still get a buzz everytime I use mine, the feel of it and the sound of the shutter makes me grin every time :D (especially now I've got a 24-70 on the front of it:love:)

Just had a bit of a funny thing, the D700 was detecting the Sigma 70-200 2.8 as DX format and therefore only using the centre of the image. I had to turn off auto image area and it now works fine when forced to FX only.

Firmware version issue ya think?

i have a d700 and the magnifier and the screen protector, they are must haves i think

Just had a bit of a funny thing, the D700 was detecting the Sigma 70-200 2.8 as DX format and therefore only using the centre of the image. I had to turn off auto image area and it now works fine when forced to FX only.

Firmware version issue ya think?

Could be a lens firmware issue...I'm positive the D700 hasn't had a firmware update released in the past few months.

Doesn't it look a bit awkward when mounted?

it replaces the existing eye piece but does stick out a tiny bit more than the standard one, not enough to bother me

ok cool, so how about the screen protector, it comes with a BM-9, do you mean replace that with a different version?

the ggs screen protector rep[laces the plastic crap thats on there now, it sticks on (round the edges) and has been on my camera for a few months with not one scratch visible yet, plus its dirt cheap too, mine came with a screen protector for the top lcd too

Back