OMG ... My package delivered at 0800hrs ... ???

Edit My Images
No
And I was barely out of me jammies ... :eek:

Just bloomin' typical ... the Post Office delivered at 0800hrs on the nail ... go Royal Mail can you believe it ... :woot:

I was expecting it before 1300hrs but this is ridiculous ... :D

Anyways ... the story is HERE ... :naughty: ...

... if you are interested ... :D

:p

Thank you ... (y) ... I have been watching your posts PS and your antics have also contributed to my decision ... ;)

Is that your camera in your avatar, Carole?

Yep, that's her! A real beauty.

Did you have to purchase a stronger tripod Carole ... :shrug: ... can't see me hand holding this beastie too often ... :D

I definitely think my Manfrotto will not be up to the job ... :cautious: ... so I may have to go get some discount off Redsnapper ... for a change ... :LOL:

My booty arrived this morning too. I intercepted the postie at the gate, I'm sure he'll recover though.

Got a 45mm and a 150mm from fleabay for the 645. The two lenses I really wanted from the same seller for the princely sum of £150. Bargain!

Yep a tripod will have to follow and mine ain't nearly as heavy as that beast!

No you have to go out and use it, it's fun though and that "kerchung" when the shutter fires, you just don't get that with a 10fps digital.

Did you have to purchase a stronger tripod Carole ... :shrug: ... can't see me hand holding this beastie too often ... :D

Yes, I did......although I was planning on doing that anyway as the one I have is really only for small, lightweight digitals. I looked at some seriously nice Gitzo tripods when at Focus on Imaging in Feb....but just couldn't justify the costs involved. In the end, I got a Giotto that was on special offer that day.....the head came free. The head however, was really bulky, so I fitted my ball and socket Manfrotto head. For landscape work its ok, but there is far too much "creep" for close up work.

Omg! listen to all of you ... are you trying to start a trend here or what!

Think Id better stay out of this thread, I get confused enough with what I own already! :LOL:

Have fun with your toys all of you!

There is just so much really good quality MF equipment out there at prices that you could not imagine seeing ten years ago, heck even five years!

I've got the darkroom in the basement (It's my utility room but has no windows and a sink so it's ideal) so I'm going to be having a bash at my own B&Ws. I'll scan in the negs and play in PS3.

It's going to be fun seeing what each other gets up to with them, good and bad, like me developing a totally unexposed film. And I was SO blooming excited too! lol.

Yes, I did......although I was planning on doing that anyway as the one I have is really only for small, lightweight digitals.

Oh dear ... :cautious: ... more expenditure ... :naughty:

Omg! listen to all of you ... are you trying to start a trend here or what!

Think Id better stay out of this thread, I get confused enough with what I own already!

Consider the trend started Glo ... come join the fun ... :naughty:

I've a spare MF if you want to join in the fun!

... I said Im not looking!!!

Go on ... :shrug: ... you know you want to ... :D

Congratulations Rog, looking forward to seeing some results (y)
MF is something I was considering recently too, you're definitely all starting a trend

Thanx Mike ... (y) ... consider the trend moving onwards and upwards ... ;)

It's going to be fun seeing what each other gets up to with them, good and bad, like me developing a totally unexposed film. And I was SO blooming excited too!

As we all are who have new toys ...

:LOL: ... nice one Ian ... I will certainly consider it if you donate the Green T ...

BTB Mods / Admin type persons ... :wave: ...

I suppose this should have gone into the Film type forum rather than the boring old general 'tog stuff one ... :cautious: ... I am happy for you to make the move if you feel it appropriate chaps / chapesses ... (y)

I will get used to this one day ... :naughty:

I've just looked at some 35mm trannies that have been scanned (fuji velvia) and really don't think you can beat that. I may just have to do. I've seen the price you paid for yours, it's a steal it was so cheap.

Jill doesn't think so ... :cautious: ... reckons I got to get her a new car now ... :eek:

Either way I can't win so I guess I'll just have to give in and go for the easy life ... :D

I've got the darkroom in the basement (It's my utility room but has no windows and a sink so it's ideal) so I'm going to be having a bash at my own B&Ws. I'll scan in the negs and play in PS3.

Got the T etc., ... and really couldn't even contemplate going there again ... :eek:

Good luck though ... (y) ... got to try it haven't you ... ;)

Yes, I did......although I was planning on doing that anyway as the one I have is really only for small, lightweight digitals. I looked at some seriously nice Gitzo tripods when at Focus on Imaging in Feb....but just couldn't justify the costs involved. In the end, I got a Giotto that was on special offer that day.....the head came free. The head however, was really bulky, so I fitted my ball and socket Manfrotto head. For landscape work its ok, but there is far too much "creep" for close up work.

So come on all you MF'ers ... :shrug: ... what would be the recommended tripod for this new beastie of mine ... :cautious:

Any pointers gratefully accepted as, good as it is, I am sure my trusty Manny 055MF4 will not be up to the task ... :eek:

Back