On a cold "N" frosty morning

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
According to some these birds are common and all easy targets. Imho if you have the slightest bit of passion about wildlife and photography,it dont matter much what the subject is or where it is sitting at the time. Quality wise I know I have done better in the past, but untill I can join those that bragg of owning a full frame and a long bit of glass I will have to make do with these :D Any C&C taken onboard as usual, thanks for looking.

Long tailed tit by Richard Venn, on Flickr

Long tailed tit by Richard Venn, on Flickr

Coal tit by Richard Venn, on Flickr

Blue tit by Richard Venn, on Flickr

Last edited:
I would`nt worry much about long glass if you can get this close to your subject top birds and top takes well done Rich.

Nicely done Rich, I especially like that Blue Tit, the angle of the perch and bird really add to the shot (y)

Great set, as for the long tailed I wish i could get that close all I ever see are a bunch of them flitting through the trees :shrug: your pics just go to show you don't have to have expensive equipment to get quality images (y)

You know what they say Rich, it aint how big it is, it's how you use it... lenses that is (always been my excuse especially in the cold weather), and nothing wrong with little tits either, in fact some of my favourite birds have are little tits. The LTT's are my favourite of the tits, but the coal tit you have here is my pick of this set, having said that, they're all good mate. They might all be common(ish), but still good to see and watch, so I agree with your comments about them and you have done them proud here too (y)
Only thing missing is a little Robin :D

Last edited:
They ain't common enough for me Rich,If I saw them every day of my life I would die a very happy man,and you have done them justice.

A nice set Rich. Not everyone has got Barn Owls or Osprey on their back garden.

Cheers all, tbh I have never been worried about what I have not got, it was a poor sarcastic reference to something that was mentioned on here a while back :D At the end of the day which ever species frequents your patch you could class it as being common, at the end of the day you will never get two identical shots even if it is the same species.

Not bad for an old un:LOL: lovely set Rich if i had to pick one it would be the Coaly,all the best mate Nige.

Even though i spend too many hours stood in a field waiting for owls i do love garden birds and think they are sometimes more photogenic.
LTT's are such a perfect little bird and the Mrs B always shouts me when they turn up in our garden, super set of detailed shots Rich (y)

Back