On camera flash recommendation for Fuji XT 1

Edit My Images
No
Has anyone got a good recommendation for on camera flash for the Fuji XT 1. I've got a Nikon SB600 which might work OK but looks huge sitting on top of the camera's tiny body!?

Your Nikon flash would only operate in manual mode so no TTL. As per @twist there is the Nissin i40 which gets good reviews.

Personally I use a Yongnuo YN560 IV, manual flash is not that difficult to learn. Furthermore if I want off camera flash I then place the YN 560 TX on the camera so I can control the flash whenever it is.
The YN560 flash is a big flash but it doesn't look that bad when on top of the XT1.

Another flash to look at is the Meike MK320 which is a good budget flash available for Fuji's with TTL. It's a nice compact size too.

I'm a big fan of the i40, it's not as solid as my Nikon speed lights were but it does what I need so far.

Though I still have a Nikon set up too for off camera flash work, this is set to change once the new i60 comes out (I'm hoping to get a sample copy to test) and I have tested the commander and receiver system that nissin are putting out. I have the Nikon version on the way to me now, the Fuji is yet to be released I believe.

Yet another vote for the i40 - works nicely with my X30.

Back