On my doorstep

#1 I love the mist on calm water, the sun is defused by the trees which produces a nice effect but I don't like the tree in the right of the image - I don't think it adds anything to the image and looks like it was maybe missed during the shoot!

#2 There is no focal point and the majority of it appears out of focus to me

#3 I love the feel of this image and feel it could have been fantastic if it had something in the foreground to pull me into the image.

#4 and #5 do nothing for me I'm afraid.

#1 I love the mist on calm water, the sun is defused by the trees which produces a nice effect but I don't like the tree in the right of the image - I don't think it adds anything to the image and looks like it was maybe missed during the shoot!

#2 There is no focal point and the majority of it appears out of focus to me

#3 I love the feel of this image and feel it could have been fantastic if it had something in the foreground to pull me into the image.

#4 and #5 do nothing for me I'm afraid.
Thanks for the feedback. Should have got up earlier really that mist didn't last long. I'll keep trying and learning. Cheers

Shot 1 is the strongest out of the set. Crop out the branches to the right though :) In addition I notice a faint line between the hill and the sky. My guess is that you tried to recover some detail from the sky? Graduated filters help in these situations.

I like all but the last image. The blur on that does nothing for me.

Shot 1 is the strongest out of the set. Crop out the branches to the right though :) In addition I notice a faint line between the hill and the sky. My guess is that you tried to recover some detail from the sky? Graduated filters help in these situations.
Thank you for that feedback, might have purchase some filters!

I like no. 4 very much for the beautiful and rich colours. Brilliant observation.
I'd like to see the feather at centre.
I did have it central and will have the shot somewhere will post up if I can find it. Thanks glad you like Chris

Back