On the lake

Name
Maureen
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken from a boat on a trip along Lake Windermere. Cropped, curves adjustment and UM. Not very good at landscape photography but let me know your thoughts would like to improve :)

Ontherivercrop7926webpb.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really liking the snowcaps in the distance. :)

I think I've learnt one major thing on here with regards to landscapes though. It is ALLL about the light. And here it is very flat. I think you've probably made a good job of the conditions in front of you. I might just be tempted to move the upper end of the levels histogram down a bit so that the snow isn't grey.

Thanks for the feedback and advice Lee it's much appreciated. Some of what your seeing as grey snow is the mountains they weren't totally covered but take your point :)

I find the forest, mountains and their snow covered peaks to be the most interesting parts of the image. I think they should have more of the image than the lake and the sky do. I assume that this is a crop so you won't be able to do a lot about the suggestion. I can't think of anything that you might do to address my concern. Sorry about that.

The lake district is beautiful. I'm sure you have a lot of nice pictures from there. I would crop the mountains and a small part of the lake in this picture.

it has great depth but as lee says its lacking in light sometimes its just the wrong time of day :)

Back