On the moors

Edit My Images
No
The moorland of the Forest of Bowland, Lancashire, is mainly heather, bilberries, and outcropping rock. Drystone walls of various ages and states of repair remain from the days when the law required field boundaries to be erected.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoquoto.blogspot.com

Bowland-view.jpg

Very nice shot, but the colours of the heather don't seem to be 'quite right'. Of course you were there, so that may be how it looks, but I wonder if your white balance needs adjusting...I dunno :shrug: .
Very nicely composed though and lovely countryside. :clap:

Thanks Rick. The heather is in fact bilberry, so that accounts for the colour :) . Plus it was shot fairly early this morning so there's a touch of yellow still in the light. I think :thinking: my white balance is OK. I tend to do it manually fairly regularly through the day.

Regards, Tony

Lovely... just the right amount of shadow detail. Start posting a crap shot now and again Tony - you'll depress everyone. ;)

I really like the way that old wall is sitting on the top of those hills and how you framed the image. Nice photograph, Tony.:)

Thanks Rick. The heather is in fact bilberry, so that accounts for the colour :) . Plus it was shot fairly early this morning so there's a touch of yellow still in the light. I think :thinking: my white balance is OK. I tend to do it manually fairly regularly through the day.

Regards, Tony

LOL, I stand corrected :) . Nice shot

Rich

Thanks for the further comments on this one folks. It was taken during a six hour ramble over the hills (with my other half) today. She's now dozing on the sofa, and I've got match-sticks propping up my eye-lids as I type this :) .

Regards, Tony

Back