On the rocks

slideordie

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
Braved the freezing cold to venture down to the local beach with the intention of trying a few sunset long exposures. It didnt go as planned however, I set up, took a load of test shots to get an idea of how things were looking then waited about for half an hour till it started to get dark enough. Then it started raining :bonk: Rather annoyed to say the least!

I fiddled about with two images I got for quite a while until I arrived at this, wasnt sure whether to post it up or not but decided I would to see what others thought about it cos I'm really not sure! I like the detail on the foreground and the way the rocks to the left side sweep out like an arm, taking your eyes with it. But it seems lacking something to me.

C&C please :)

beach_edited_resized.jpg

is the sky meant to be in B&W, i like the foreground though just there doesn't seem to be a sunset.

By the time those shots were taken the sky was almost completely grey, the image came out of Photomatix like that cos I used an overexposed shot to give me some highlights. It didnt actually look anything like that really! The weather deteriorated rapidly as soon as I left the house unfortunately so capturing the sunset was very quickly out the window.

So to answer your question, yes I suppose the sky is meant to be b&w.

if you are there again ( you should go back) and there is a good sunset you can use Nd grads to balance the epxosure between the sky and foreground meaning less computer work :).

Yes I definately will be back :)

Thanks for the tip but unfortunately I'm just using a meagre Fuji S6500 and I dont think you can get any filters and such for them?

Well I went back today, not really happy with this one but here it is anyway. Couldnt shoot the same place as the tide was way out today.

ebb.jpg

#2 is better than #1, but lacks somewhere for the eye to settle

imho

Back