On the Rocks

Really like the waterfall. Would be interested to see the first two in Colour

Thanks Mike. Here's one of the two in colour ... somehow think it looks more dramatic in b&w.

Bude by Carl Ayling, on Flickr

Thanks Karl - appreciate the comments. I kinda see what you mean about the b&w - sometimes though I feel colours can be a distraction. Maybe the problem with these is that there is no single subject for the eyes to focus on. Hmmm!

Maybe the problem with these is that there is no single subject for the eyes to focus on. Hmmm!
Tend to agree with this tbh, nice as they are your eye just kind of wanders round the image.

The colour works better, also maybe getting few stops down as it seems rather soft towards the corners.
Yeah, and the monos look a little flat to me - perhaps a contrast boost might help. Looks like you were shooting in pretty harsh light - would probably benefit from trying earlier or later in the day (if possible)

Lovely waterfall capture (y)

The colour works better, also maybe getting few stops down as it seems rather soft towards the corners.
Well spotted - I hadn't noticed that. Thank you.

Yeah, and the monos look a little flat to me - perhaps a contrast boost might help. Looks like you were shooting in pretty harsh light - would probably benefit from trying earlier or later in the day (if possible)
Thanks Tony. I'll play around with the contrast. Yes, taken in harsh sunlight I'm afraid but no choice with timing sadly ... taken on a day trip to the coast.

Back