ON1 Photo RAW, best alternative to Lightroom and Photoshop?

I have used ON1 for several years but only for finishing to enhance my RAW images initially edited in Capture One.

This latest ON1 2022 version is now a serious rival to Photoshop, Lightroom, Affinity, Luminar AI and even to Capture One. The thing is though that they each are good at different things.

Just moved from Lightroom to Capture One. From photoshop to affinity. Also just started dabbling with DaVinci resolve, which was probably easiest to learn as I wasn't coming from something else.

Just moved from Lightroom to Capture One. From photoshop to affinity. Also just started dabbling with DaVinci resolve, which was probably easiest to learn as I wasn't coming from something else.
.... I hadn't heard of DaVinci Resolve because I never record any video but researching it just now it appears to be very good indeed.

I have been a satisfied Capture One user for many years and never used Lightroom - I came from Apple's RAW editor Aperture when they stopped supporting it. Out of curiosity, what made you decide the move and are you happy so far?

Cost was the main reason. That I am old dislike subscription business model for software. :)
Only slight annoyance atm is that affinity doesn't support a1 raw files yet. But I can convert to dng in capture until it does

I have on1 2022 and really like using it, especially the noise reduction, I also have dxo pl4 which I actually prefer for my olympus raw files, however the ‘library’ function in on1 works really well. I probably do not use it to its full potential as whilst I’m happy editing things ‘out’ of images, I’m not so keen at putting things ‘in’ that weren’t there in the first place, but this is a purely personal view, and I absolutely appreciate we are all different and those that are far more skilled than me can create fabulous images!!

I have on1 2022 and really like using it, especially the noise reduction, I also have dxo pl4 which I actually prefer for my olympus raw files, however the ‘library’ function in on1 works really well. I probably do not use it to its full potential as whilst I’m happy editing things ‘out’ of images, I’m not so keen at putting things ‘in’ that weren’t there in the first place, but this is a purely personal view, and I absolutely appreciate we are all different and those that are far more skilled than me can create fabulous images!!
.... I am the same as you - I don't use all the bells and whistles which an image editor offers! And I very very rarely add anything (Halloween excepted).

The NoNoise AI built into ON1 2022 is superb and so easy to use. Being able to be applied within the main app counts for a lot.

Back