One bad apple...

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
No
one_bad_apple.jpg

I'm very sorry, but I'm struggling to connect with this. I think if the apple was on the front arm rest, and perhaps a tighter crop it would work much better for me. :(

The Apple is so small, it doesn't even look like an apple.
I also think it needs to have more prominence in the scene for it to have an impact.

I'm trying to work out what message this image gives.

All I can come up with is:

• A bench with the plate on the back rest is usually to commemorate a deceased person's favourite spot
  • So by drawing attention to a 'bad apple' are you saying the deceased person was 'bad' in some way and likewise made other people 'bad' (which is what a bad apple would do)?
This message could be a perfectly valid one for you to give, but if it isn't then I think you need to change the title to give the viewer a better clue as to what it is that you are trying to portray.

• A bench with the plate on the back rest is usually to commemorate a deceased person's favourite spot
  • So by drawing attention to a 'bad apple' are you saying the deceased person was 'bad' in some way and likewise made other people 'bad' (which is what a bad apple would do)?
This message could be a perfectly valid one for you to give, but if it isn't then I think you need to change the title to give the viewer a better clue as to what it is that you are trying to portray.

I agree - what's the significance of the bench to the apple - or is it just random?

I suspect you're overthinking this one, although I can see what you mean (albeit that your second point contradicts the song lyric from which the title was taken). I just wanted to show the colour of the apple in a monochrome setting, and the title was chosen because the apple was cast aside, uneaten. I'm beginning to wish that I'd just eaten the bloody thing myself, mind :)

(Where I come from there are as many benches donated by individuals/institutions as a gesture of goodwill as there are commemorative benches - probably more so. However, as soon as the PB server cache is refreshed the plaque should be gone!)

Last edited:
Back