One for the caption wizards!!

Edit My Images
Yes
I think -

'ere, right then lad, what you gotta do is hit it once, hit it hard and hit it straight!' :D

This might look like a 5 minute job but one day ,when you are as experienced as me, you can make it last all day too.

hmmm might have betrayed my past as a business owner there.....

KenCo1964 said:
I said a left handed hammer!

I remember being told as a trainee to go to the stores to get a long weight. I didn't fall for it fortunately :)

RobertP said:
I remember being told as a trainee to go to the stores to get a long weight. I didn't fall for it fortunately :)
Long stand here.

It wasn't quite what Barry had in mind when he suggested getting hammered... :coat:

' we could do this job with a nail gun and it would take half as long, but that would put another union brother on the streets, and that just wouldnt do....'

'be careful as you bang nails into metal cos they bounce back and could kill you, also the noise has really got to me!'

RobertP said:

An old favourite in hospitals used to involve sending student nurses in A&E off to find a neck tourniquet to stem bleeding from a head wound......! ;)

What the **** are these?!?!

I told you to get glass nails!!! Now get back to the stores and get a glass hammer while your there!!!

"Now then son, what we do is knock one of these and then have a cup of tea, knock one in, have a cup of tea and so on and so on"

A friend of mine is mechanic, he was sent to get the part for a tractor they working on and given the part number to obtain said part. It was "E.I.E.I.O"

Man 1 - "You've all heard the saying: If all you have is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail. That's actually a Modernistic saying. . . . The funny thing is, Modernism itself was a kind of hammer, and it made everything look like something to be hammered. The protest movement of the '60s was Modernistic: "If I had a hammer, I'd hammer all over this land." The focus was always on the nail, or on whatever it was that was getting pounded. And many things did get hammered in the Modern age. Architectural beauty, for one. In fact, at many different levels, Modernism brought us various kinds of dysfunction. Every cultural institution took a beating. Government took a beating. Schools took a beating. Certainly the family took a beating. Everyone took a beating, because Modernism was about attacking problems. Modernism was the hammer. . . . Modernism oversimplifies. Modernism puts the focus squarely on the hammer and the nail. [W]e have the Cult of Spareness. The example of Modern Art ... was very spare. It was minimalistic. It was almost an artless Art. Certainly the emotion it was trying to instill was something akin to hammering. We felt like nails. "

man 2 - "Fair point, but shall we use the 3" or the 2" nail?"

SW4peter, if you just made that up I'm worried about you :D

Peter :LOL: good stuf (y)

My contribution...

"Son? It's not the size of the nail that counts, it's the weight of the hammer hitting it home..."

**** this is a **** metric ****** hammer , We only use ***** imperial **** nails .

***** managememt , **** cant get **** anything ***** right , **** ******

SW4peter said:
Man 1 - "You've all heard the saying: If all you have is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail. That's actually a Modernistic saying. . . . The funny thing is, Modernism itself was a kind of hammer, and it made everything look like something to be hammered. The protest movement of the '60s was Modernistic: "If I had a hammer, I'd hammer all over this land." The focus was always on the nail, or on whatever it was that was getting pounded. And many things did get hammered in the Modern age. Architectural beauty, for one. In fact, at many different levels, Modernism brought us various kinds of dysfunction. Every cultural institution took a beating. Government took a beating. Schools took a beating. Certainly the family took a beating. Everyone took a beating, because Modernism was about attacking problems. Modernism was the hammer. . . . Modernism oversimplifies. Modernism puts the focus squarely on the hammer and the nail. [W]e have the Cult of Spareness. The example of Modern Art ... was very spare. It was minimalistic. It was almost an artless Art. Certainly the emotion it was trying to instill was something akin to hammering. We felt like nails. "

man 2 - "Fair point, but shall we use the 3" or the 2" nail?"

thats is Genius!

I remember being told as a trainee to go to the stores to get a long weight. I didn't fall for it fortunately

a skirting board ladder was the one that was tried on apprentices, worked on a few :LOL:

whitewash said:
glass hammer
long weight
long stand
elbow grease
left handed screwdriver

Tartan Paint

and from the Electronics Industry

Write only Memory

id completely forgotten that dispite one of the lads at work mentioning they'd sent the new lad to stores for some m4 sky hooks.

at scouts we had a guy in a phone booth looking at the yellow pages for a skyhook salesman for about an hour, as we couldnt climb without some...

In my engineering days we sent a young lad off with a tied poly bag filled with "contaminated air" for safe disposal. We made him carry a fire extinguisher with it for "safety" reasons.

Back