Critique One from last week

Edit My Images
Yes
Yes a male mandarin, such strange looking birds almost don't look real?

Nice pose with the wings and super clear water, certainly not a bad shot

critique wise It looks like you had light from the side which has not helped making half the bird in shadow? (I know it not always possible but ideally you want the light behind you)

Also the focus point seems to about half way down the bird on the water drops which are very sharp leaving the face soft, it not easy when something happens quickly to move the focus point or recompose as it all happens so quickly

Yes a male mandarin, such strange looking birds almost don't look real?

Nice pose with the wings and super clear water, certainly not a bad shot

critique wise It looks like you had light from the side which has not helped making half the bird in shadow? (I know it not always possible but ideally you want the light behind you)

Also the focus point seems to about half way down the bird on the water drops which are very sharp leaving the face soft, it not easy when something happens quickly to move the focus point or recompose as it all happens so quickly
Yes agreed, sun was low to my right

Lovely bird and a very good attempt, with a nice pose. As Mick mentions, the light hasn't done you to many favours, the difference between highlight and shadow is quite wide.

Personally, I find the framing a little tight, I think it needs a good bit more space to the left as you view the image and just a tad to the right to clear the wingtip a little more.

I love the oranges, they are ablaze with colour.

Back