One from plymouth

IanC_UK

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ian Cook
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, not sure about this one, and was looking for some comments on what i could do to improve it, or find out if i should leave it and put it down as a bad un ! lol Is my first appearance in this forum, been to afraid to put any in ! lol

30072730_b09645e5dc_o.jpg

I think that scene has a lot of potential Ian, especially if that white thing wasn't there. As it is it's a bit empty, take out the white thing and the castle is a bit small in the frame to really be the main subject so you tend to wander across the pic if you know what I mean. I did try a quick play with a B&W crop just under the castle going up, concentrating in bringing out the mist, that's got potential :)

Don't pay too much attention to me though, I haven't taken a decent landscape in ages. :(

That's the first thing I thought of when seeing this. Wasn't too keen on keeping that white thing in, if you crop it from just above that, then you're on a roll.

Not sure which crop would work best, either from just above the white thing, keeping all the rest, or from the small green patch halfway up on the left, keeping all above it, or taking out a little of the top and keeping more of the greenery above the white thing.

Thanks guys it was probably the white thing that was putting me off ! I was trying to be clever and get the water and low cloud in the same picture ! I have some more pics, they dont have the white thing in, not sure if putting one in here is the right thing to do though !

If i had gone to much further to the right the low cloud wasnt as dense and it looked a bit lame !

Heres a couple links to some other efforts, bit noisy though :(

30404694_61aa595dbd_o.jpg
http://photos23.flickr.com/30404694_61aa595dbd_o.jpg

30405906_2330c5bc85_o.jpg
http://photos21.flickr.com/30405906_2330c5bc85_o.jpg

IanC_UK said:
not sure if putting one in here is the right thing to do though

That's fine, because although it's more than the ruled 1 picture per day, these are variations of the original shot, not shown straight away, and taking the discussion on, if that makes sense. The reason we went for the maximum image rule was to stop the saturation of different images, and thus diluting the critique. :)

By eck it does feel wierd being called Marcel.
I've had this name for 28 years, and the nickname Bod for 26.

Still never got used to it :)

Back