One from the races.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
Was going through some of my shots from the summer last night and came across this one, C&C appreciated.

_DSC2502023_edited-2.jpg

Nice sharp capture of the horse and jockey (y). I'd say the crop is a bit too close for the subject, it would be more pleasing on the eye if the horse has space to move into. Also you could do with lowering your shutter speed a bit for this type of shot. That would create some more blur in the background and give a greater sense of movement. Looking at the EXIF you've got 1/500th, try nearer 1/160th - 1/200th if you can.

I tried and failed to get a shot like this when they were at full speed. blink and you missed it!

Nice and sharp but I agree it is just too tight in the frame and needs space on the left.

;) I am going to disagree with Paul and say I think there is enough background blur to enhance the feeling of movement, but as already said, crop is a bit too tight really, a wider crop would have shown more blur and hence more movement. Lovely and sharp though and colours are spot on (y)

Thanks for the replies, I see what you mean about the space, unfortunately I have only cropped some of the sky out. Least I know for next time.

Back