One from today

This may seem a strange comment to make, but not knowing what the words on the T shirt are is very irritating. She seems a little central to me and her eyes might be a bit high up the image for my taste. I think she's lovely and I'm sure that you'll both produce lots of lovely images.

This may seem a strange comment to make, but not knowing what the words on the T shirt are is very irritating. She seems a little central to me and her eyes might be a bit high up the image for my taste. I think she's lovely and I'm sure that you'll both produce lots of lovely images.

Agree with all the above I'm afraid. On a good note, nice bold and sharp colours.

I agree with the t-shirt comment, but what a load of rubbish on the other points you made rh1944

I agree with the t-shirt comment, but what a load of rubbish on the other points you made rh1944

Leezon I notice you have a hard time accepting peoples oppinions. If you dont want people to state their oppinion then you should say so up front. We all think differently, thats what makes us different. I agree that the colous are good but I think more DOF would have been better.

I don't particularly have a problem with the composition, but I think the pose/expression needs a bit of work, which will come with practice (both you and the model). The stray hair on the face and the fact you can only see a small part of the other hand/arm bother me and I think maybe a larger aperture to get a bit more blur on the background would work better. The lighting and the sharpness are great though.

It's pretty good, but the background needs to be deeper out of focus. But she's really hot, if that's a help :LOL:

Apart from that, I like the low angle and the crumpled shirt.

lukewoodford, I don't have a problem with critique at all. But saying that the model is too central is insane, thats the whole point of the composition and her eyes are too far up the shot? I don't even understand that one :)

But yeah, as I said it was her first time modelling so I don't expect her shots to be spot on first time :)

great shot an exposure (fill flash?). As said very nice looking lady.

lukewoodford, I don't have a problem with critique at all. But saying that the model is too central is insane, thats the whole point of the composition and her eyes are too far up the shot? I don't even understand that one :)

But yeah, as I said it was her first time modelling so I don't expect her shots to be spot on first time :)

Leezon, I think thats a bit harsh to say that RH1944 opinion is "insane". Its only his opinion and as you know, we all differ. If you look at RH1944 other comments on other posts he often mentions his dislike/not his taste to centralised shots. He comments on most new threads and gives honest constuctive critique. I dont think he will be commenting on your posts again if you cant accept negative criticism..!!

I personally like the shot and think it is very sharp. The t-shirt issue adds a little mystery to it. But that is only my opinion.

Please dont take an opinion of one person too personally. We are all on here to learn and improve our technique. :nono:

Vinny

I think what Russell is describing is that the background perspective draws your eye to a point in the image about hip level on the model, As the model is cropped just above the knee it is not a full length portrait, which leads you to focus on her face/eyes which is very near the top of the image. This conflicts with the background lead. If the model was positioned more to the right of the image and from a higher camera position it would not fight with the BG perspective in the same way.

As for the lighting, model and colours though, I think these are more of a triumph. (y)

That's my opinion anyway ;)

Just wondering if a crop would work,

3023242194_29bdc2b508_o.jpg

V8burble,
Thanks for explaining that point, If that's what he was saying I understand it more. Thanks.

pearceJJ, I used my SB-800 on a light stand with a shoot through umbrella that was triggered wireless

Back