One from today's efforts , I'm told that this is the perfect pose :-) D500 F3.2 Iso 140 1/801 sec

It's annoying :) , but you can only shoot what's in front of the lens, the rider still ordered a12x8 print :)

I would have removed the sign before selling or at least asked her if she wanted it removed.

I would have removed the sign before selling or at least asked her if she wanted it removed.

Normally you do not have time apart from a crop straighten and minor colour adjustment before printing :) , the riders or sports person can ask for special requirements, but this might have to be done after the event and then posted on them, it's all down to to time versus direct sales at the time. Whith up to 10 plus viewing stations and two salespeople and a queue it's not always possible at the time.

I understand time restrictions if printing on site at an event but it would have been a 2 min job and you would have been her hero! :)

rmxL0JU.jpg

The image posted was from my backup card I was shooting :) not selling, but from what I was told the rider didn't want anything done

The image posted was from my backup card I was shooting :) not selling, but from what I was told the rider didn't want anything done

She probably didn't even notice as her focus would have been on the horse but as photographers, the first thing we look for is stuff like this.

I bet she didn't even realise it was possible to remove the sign.

Now what about the haystack............:)

Just joking. I think the edit works better IMHO

The edit is better I think we all agree that's as photographers :) , but the option is there at the end of the day if requested. If the queues were quite then the salesperson most probably Would of cloned it out if requested. At the end of the day you want to make the client happy. But then you also have 10 plus other clients All needing to be kept happy with £ notes & credit cards burning a hole in their pockets .

Time is money :)

Last edited:
if i buy a sandwich on a train its not becuase they are the best ones available.. its because they are the only ones...

these events photogrpahers think they have done a good job because people buy the pictures... most would have edited the sign out or binned the picture.. but here you are saying its a perfect pose and showing off because the owner bought a copy ?

theres all different ways of looking at things... given what you where doing on the day i would have done the same as you.. money first :) I just wouldnt have posted it in here telling everyone how good it is :)

Nobody notice, perfect is spelled incorrectly, in the title :D

if i buy a sandwich on a train its not becuase they are the best ones available.. its because they are the only ones...

these events photogrpahers think they have done a good job because people buy the pictures... most would have edited the sign out or binned the picture.. but here you are saying its a perfect pose and showing off because the owner bought a copy ?

theres all different ways of looking at things... given what you where doing on the day i would have done the same as you.. money first :) I just wouldnt have posted it in here telling everyone how good it is :)
Steady on mate. I took the OP's "Perfect pose" to mean the position the horse and rider are in and not that he had captured it perfectly....... Not that I know equestrian terms.
I used to do body building and there is a pose used called 'most muscular' (or crab) but not everyone that does it is.......the most muscular (or a crab come to think of it :LOL: )

Back