One Hour Processing

[Sorry not the most helpful reply] I would recommend just avoid using a small store lab. There is no way they are getting enough business now to keep the machine clean and in good working order. You will find it very common now to have scratches and damage on the negatives due to this being caused by less maintenance to the machine than is necessary.

(Assuming they are using one of the common Fujifilm machines which drag the film through the chemical bath's, which I have personal experience with)

My thoughts exactly. The only one hour processing I use is done in the kitchen sink.

I can't say I've ever had a problem with Boots and I'm still taking my film there as long as I can. I'm sorry to hear the bad comments about Max Spielmann though as that probably would've been my fallback.

I got a roll of film developed at the Max Spielmann in Liverpool, I think it was Bold Street or near there. The scans were ok but I was a bit disappointed that there was no index print and the CD wasn't in any sort of case. The negatives were also all together in a single sleeve.

They're also more expensive than Boots at about £11 for 24 exposures to £8.50 at Boots. Or their CD only option is £6 whereas Boots is £4.50.

Back