1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest,

Do you have any opinions or ideas on how to make Talk Photography better?

We've opened a consultation with the members, click here and have your say!. (You will need to be registered to add your replies).

Dismiss Notice

one iTunes account - multiple devices

Discussion in 'Talk Computers, Websites and Other Technology' started by bastic, Apr 14, 2012.

1. bastic

bastic A star

Name:
    Lukas
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Can you please advise me how to sync few devices with one iTunes account so content is different on each device ?

We have 2 iPads and one iPod.
    I have no intention to buy some apps twice, and was told that you can use apps on up to 5 devices assigned to one iTunes account...
    question is how do I sync content of the devices separately ?
    want some apps on both devices and some on other..
    thanks

2. antihero

antihero

Name:
    Paul
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    i don't use itunes much, but i have one library set up for my ipod and my wife has one for hers. You can swap (or create a new) library by hold shift when loading up itunes.

3. hollis_f

hollis_f

Name:
    Frank
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Click on the device in iTunes (left-hand column) then on the 'Apps' tab near the top of the screen. You can then select which apps you want on that device.

4. neil_g

neil_g

Name:
    Neil
    Edit My Images:
    No
    +1 set it per device in the sync settings

5. bastic

bastic A star

Name:
    Lukas
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Will give it a go.
    Thanks

6. Ricardodaforce

Ricardodaforce

Edit My Images:
    No
    When you buy an app it will be downloaded to all devices linked to the account. If I want one on my iPad but not my iPhone, I just delete it off of my iPhone.

7. bastic

bastic A star

Name:
    Lukas
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Am looking for a good/cheap/free document reader ( word etc) mostly to be able to store documents on iPad and later on to be able to attach them and email them.

or just a way to keep them on iPad and being able to email them later on..ideas?solutions ?

8. Craikeybaby

Craikeybaby

Name:
    Lewis
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Dropbox. Or any one of the numerous suggestions for this on the iPad apps thread.