1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

one iTunes account - multiple devices

Discussion in 'Talk Computers, Websites and Other Technology' started by bastic, Apr 14, 2012.

1. bastic

bastic A star

Name:
    Lukas
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Can you please advise me how to sync few devices with one iTunes account so content is different on each device ?

We have 2 iPads and one iPod.
    I have no intention to buy some apps twice, and was told that you can use apps on up to 5 devices assigned to one iTunes account...
    question is how do I sync content of the devices separately ?
    want some apps on both devices and some on other..
    thanks

2. antihero

antihero

Name:
    Paul
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    i don't use itunes much, but i have one library set up for my ipod and my wife has one for hers. You can swap (or create a new) library by hold shift when loading up itunes.

3. hollis_f

hollis_f

Name:
    Frank
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Click on the device in iTunes (left-hand column) then on the 'Apps' tab near the top of the screen. You can then select which apps you want on that device.

4. neil_g

neil_g

Name:
    Neil
    Edit My Images:
    No
    +1 set it per device in the sync settings

5. bastic

bastic A star

Name:
    Lukas
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Will give it a go.
    Thanks

6. Ricardodaforce

Ricardodaforce

Edit My Images:
    No
    When you buy an app it will be downloaded to all devices linked to the account. If I want one on my iPad but not my iPhone, I just delete it off of my iPhone.

7. bastic

bastic A star

Name:
    Lukas
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Am looking for a good/cheap/free document reader ( word etc) mostly to be able to store documents on iPad and later on to be able to attach them and email them.

or just a way to keep them on iPad and being able to email them later on..ideas?solutions ?

8. Craikeybaby

Craikeybaby

Name:
    Lewis
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Dropbox. Or any one of the numerous suggestions for this on the iPad apps thread.