One light setups help

Edit My Images
No
Iv got a booking with a model next tuesday and iv only ever taken photos of my gf with available light. i understand lighting more after reading strobist.com and onelightworkshop (thats a realy good dvd guys).

Equipment i have

430ez
vivitar 3500 (realy slow to recharge takes like 50 seconds) so dont think il use this much
2x ebay trigers
gels sample pack
2x light stand
umbrela clamp
shoot through umbrella believe its 32"( my 42" still hasnt arrived been a week) :(

What i was wondering is dose any one have any good setups just using one light? she wants headshots and half body. She is after the glam look so if any one can point me in a direction of where to get some good setups from that i can take with me for reference i would be very greatfull

Good stuff!

jay the shoot is a t nite in her house i dont have much choice and there is only one way to learn! i can practice on myself once i got a few basic setups. Nice one flash in the pan that my m8 lending me that zack dvd tonight :D sup to be good!

Thanks for th help guys il show you the results

thanks jay. I cant belive it not one shop in swansea sell a reflector :( any one from swansea know where i can get one from?

only prob is flash i need it by monday :( im still waiting for my umbrellas been over a week now :( lucky i got a small shoot through one im making do with

tinfoil over a peice of wood, and attached around the back with a staple gun, you have a reflector.

Whatever you do make sure you practice beforehand. Nail a couple of setups so you can do them really well rather than have a load you can't do as well.

Maybe try and ask the model what sort of room the shoot will in or better yet, do a recce so you can pre-plan before you arrive. Nothing looks worse than a photographer bimbling around unsure what they are doing.

Back