One of my other hobbies

This is my Royal enfield Classic 500. Shot in my garage with a single light bounced off the garage door to the left. Lots of PP later this is the result View attachment 335435

Richard, have you ever seen one of these Enfield "Musket" engines? I remember the guy who builds them starting up maybe 8 or 9 years ago when I was still riding bikes (gave it up in 2017). I have a couple of old classic cars now - a '59 Frogeye Sprite and '72 MGB. GT - but still like to keep in touch with motorbike stuff http://www.musketvtwin.com/home.html

Richard, have you ever seen one of these Enfield "Musket" engines? I remember the guy who builds them starting up maybe 8 or 9 years ago when I was still riding bikes (gave it up in 2017). I have a couple of old classic cars now - a '59 Frogeye Sprite and '72 MGB. GT - but still like to keep in touch with motorbike stuff http://www.musketvtwin.com/home.html
Wow not seen would love to hear one, The single sounds great with an open pipe, these Muskets must sound like heaven on wheels. :D

Saw one (or at least a Bullet based V-twin!) at the Bristol Classic Bike show a couple of years ago but didn't hear it running. For a home build, it looked "right", almost Alan Milyardesque.

Used to have a Frogeye myself - sold it back to a previous owner who was planning on racing it. Not sure what happened to it though.

Used to have a Frogeye myself - sold it back to a previous owner who was planning on racing it. Not sure what happened to it though.
It wasn't a blue or bronze one was it? My Frog's light blue - used to be bronze in a past life, before 1997 - and has had some competition history we think as it's a modified 1275 overbored to 1300 and even has an oil catch tank - needed for some racing - and a race / rally cam. Reg is XLK 375, I don't seem to be able to find out much about it though. This was taken in summer at its MOT, it would be ironic if it was your old one :giggle:

MOT '21 - 1.jpg

Mine was baby blue (originally the deep red IIRC) and had the original 948cc engine with twin SUs, although it had twin Webers fitted when it first came to the family. On the standard steel wheels too - no Minilites! It had had the rear deck cut away to improve access to the rear compartment and that allowed 2 small children to sit on the axle hump (well before H&S had been invented!!!) Reg was 682??? so not yours. One of the very few cars I'd buy back if I saw it for sale, although I'm not sure I'd get in and out of it these days.

Mine was baby blue (originally the deep red IIRC) and had the original 948cc engine with twin SUs, although it had twin Webers fitted when it first came to the family. On the standard steel wheels too - no Minilites! It had had the rear deck cut away to improve access to the rear compartment and that allowed 2 small children to sit on the axle hump (well before H&S had been invented!!!) Reg was 682??? so not yours. One of the very few cars I'd buy back if I saw it for sale, although I'm not sure I'd get in and out of it these days.
Sounds an interesting one Nod, I've seen a couple with the rear deck cut away. I must admit I have trouble getting out of mine some days, I can get in it ok though. The only 682 I can find on the Frog register is this one but it's not blue sadly https://frogeye.smugmug.com/Mk1SpritesFrogeye/Registration-nymbers-600-699/i-LNFMTMc/A

First of the letters is right but the other 2 aren't!

I can get in and out of Mrs Nod's MX-5 but only the driver's side. I can even manage it with the roof up! Some years ago, I tried an Elise on for size and could only get out of it by rolling - not an elegant exit!!!

First of the letters is right but the other 2 aren't!

I can get in and out of Mrs Nod's MX-5 but only the driver's side. I can even manage it with the roof up! Some years ago, I tried an Elise on for size and could only get out of it by rolling - not an elegant exit!!!
I think we must live parellel lives, I had MX5s until I bought the Frog. The last one I had imported from Japan in 2015, it was the quite rare RS version of the mk1 which was only made for the Jap market with just 500 of them made. I've had 2 mk3s as well, an 1800 and a 2 litre - nothing compared to the Mk1 Eunos though, it was a brilliant car to drive. I also test drove an Elise as well a few years ago, i liked it but the Misssus wasn't so keen. It was intended for a long European road trip and she thought it would be too uncomfortable and I suppose she had a point. We got a mk3 MX5 instead and went in that. This was the RS, I sold it to a traffic cop.

russian image hosting

I had my Frog when I was 19. It had been Mum's for about 10 years before then and I had driven it off the public road a bit before I bought it off her. More recently (about 20 years ago!), she had a Mk1 MX-5 which I drove a few times and didn't like much - felt a bit underpowered to me. Not long afterwards, an uncle bought it off her for what she'd paid (all very complicated - it had been a bargain from a friend's daughter who needed cash to pay her drink driving fine and wouldn't have been able to afford the insurance when her ban was over), lent ot to one of his sons who managed to kill it by ignoring the temperature gauge and the steam...
Mrs Nod's first MX was a Mk 2.5 with a few goodies (aimed at noise and stiffness rather than performance) but she traded that in against an XK8 Jag which then got sold to finance her current Mk3 folding hard top. I personally prefer the looks of the 2/2.5, without the afterthought wheel arch flares but the Mk3 is a better car despite the flares! Don't like the looks of the Mk4 at all though.

BTW, apologies to Bandit16 for the hijack! I hope you enjoy the Bullet/Classic as much as I enjoy mine when it's on the road - currently, other toys and a nasty virus mean it's in the garage awaiting some fettling before it comes out again.

Back