One of my puppy GSP.

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I finally got my own Canon 7d today, ive had someone elses for a while.
Playing about and trying to find the best setting and still trying to work my way around settings.

So here are two pictures for people to look at.
Views and comments welcome.

This one i did try to just get him as sharp as possible within the picture, wanted the back ground a little more blurred out, just dont know how to do it.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q118/john182rs/Animals/IMG_0042.jpg

I would have loved for this one to come out as sharpe as the one above, but i like it for some reason.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q118/john182rs/Animals/IMG_0061.jpg

IF some one could tell me roughly what setting i need to get clear images it would be great.

Still trying to get shots of water drops but cant find it out just yet.

Hi, I'm no expert at dog pics but they're definitely one of my favourite subjects! :)

no 1 - looks like your dogs nose is the focal point instead of the eyes, and the background is really too busy to show off your lovely dog. The pose is a little bit too 'head on' for me, and I'd love to see some more of his/her body. Perhaps try and get his/her eyes on 1/3rd?

no 2 - looks like it's exposed for the whole room instead of your dog, using a flash to bring him/her out would have worked a treat, but don't forget getting rid of the busy background.

hope that helps and looking forward to seeing some more of your gorgeous dog :)

Thank you, i would like to know how to get the af points to select in one area, every time i click or half press the button they change. I dont get the metering point either at the mo.

Here are some more of the dags but out side, please excuse the dog poo tho, i have not cleaned up yet.

firstpictures016copy.jpg

Last edited:
If I were you I'd read the manual a couple of times, with the camera in front of you as you do it.

If I were you I'd read the manual a couple of times, with the camera in front of you as you do it.

Ive tried this, even tried looking for certain parts and it does not really give me much understanding as to why or what some thing is.

Ive gone for the "Canon EOS 7d for Dummies" book though. Very good!

Are you just using the auto (green box) setting? Just change to one of the semi manual or manual modes and press the top right button at the back and use the rocker switch above the dial to select the focus area. If you want more precise options then press the top right button, then press the M-Fn button need the shutter button to select focus type, then use rocker to select area.

Harmless - Thanks, now i dont have to go in to the quick menu and swap and cgange all the time.

I have not used the green box yet as im trying to avoid it and swap between either Tv, Av, B, M and trying to set up one of the C's.

Back