One of Nicki's Red Kites

Name
Jenny
Edit My Images
Yes
I am fairly hopeless at photographing anything that moves, but an afternoon at Nicki's provided a great opportunity for practising :)

This is probably my best shot ever of a bird in flight. I rather like the backlighting on this one.

Img_8801b.jpg

Thanks Nicki.

Jenny

Excellent shot, Jenny. Focus bang on the eye.

Would be happy with that one Jenny, you did well with that.

If your "fairly hopeless at photographing anything that moves", I would love to see your results when you get better. I would be very happy to have taken this. You've caught the action and got lovely detail in the eye, good work (y)

Nicely captured - lovely tones and detail.

Try reporting the thread and ask a kindly mod to move to the bird forum.

Last edited:
See I told you that you would get one keeper, I bet anyone that leaves here without at least one shot to keep or that they are proud of, with the amount of opportunitis you had :LOL:

See I told you that you would get one keeper, I bet anyone that leaves here without at least one shot to keep or that they are proud of, with the amount of opportunitis you had :LOL:

Yes, definitely plenty of opportunity!

I tried putting some chicken wings out to "my" kites yesterday but had to keep chasing the magpies and crows away. I will persevere, but don't think I will ever get as many kites as you do.

Jenny

It has all been said Jenny, but if I may?
Brilliant capture!! :clap: You must be well pleased with that one, I know I would be.

Back