One of the cats :P

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Alright peeps. I joined here a while ago but finally got my camera yesterday. Ive not really taken any good shots as of yet but here is one of our cat.

Anyone know of any good easy to use and preferably free editing software? lol

My windows office picture manger lets me edit the photo's a bit but not as much or as easily as id like.

Im new and hopefully will post up some decent shots in the future.

CopyofDSC00226.jpg

lovely expression on the cat. 1/2 sec exposure is a little slow though, you must have steady hands. I love taking shots of my cats they give you so many different opportunities. congratulations on the new camera.

Cheers. Ive not figured out what i can do with all the settings yet. Im studying the manual and learning with trial and error.

This might sound silly but i cant figure out how to change the shutter speed. On auto it seems to change it itself depending on the lighting.

Oh and out of curiosity, how do you know it was 1/2 a sec exposure? lol

Last edited:
If you want to take control of the camera you need to learn how to use the shutter mode or aperture mode. Not sure about your sony as I'm a Nikon man. If you are new to photography in general I would suggest a good book to explain the exposure triangle(shutter/aperture/iso) This is what I bought and is highly recommended.

Checked out the exif data, it gives you all the info you need to study your settings.

Right click on picture. Select properties then select details.

Last edited:
Cheers guys. Ill try that stuff tomorrow. Off to bed now lol

:)

If you want to take control of the camera you need to learn how to use the shutter mode or aperture mode. Not sure about your sony as I'm a Nikon man. If you are new to photography in general I would suggest a good book to explain the exposure triangle(shutter/aperture/iso) This is what I bought and is highly recommended.

Checked out the exif data, it gives you all the info you need to study your settings.

Right click on picture. Select properties then select details.

I bought the book on your recommendation and it came today. Its a great book and im enjoying reading it. I think ill learn alot. Cheers :)

Back