One Thousand Dollar Sunrise $$$$$$$$

Name
Neil Williams
Edit My Images
No
Took this picture this morning using my Leica S and 30mm f2.8 Elmarit...............and it ended up costing me RM3800 (~$1000)
View attachment 42460
After taking this picture I reversed out of the field and straight into a frigging drain bursting my rear drivers side tyre............that cost $1000 to replace the two rear tires..............not a happy chappie
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

The tire had a hole in it you could fit 3 frigging fingers
View attachment 42461

Took this picture this morning using my Leica S and 30mm f2.8 Elmarit...............and t ended up costing me RM3800 (~$1000)
View attachment 42460
After taking this picture I reversed out of the filed and straight into a frigging drain bursting my rear drivers side tyre............that cost $1000 to replace the two rear tires..............not a happy chappie
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

The tire had a hole in it you could fit 3 frigging fingers
View attachment 42461

Not only that... the horizon isn't even straight :)

Reactions: ST4
Is it some supercar you're driving? :) Seems a bit expensive.. Nice image though.

More fool you for owning a Porsche in Malaysia
And why's that. Malaysia is my home and if anyone living in Malaysia wants to own a Porsche or any imported car then you just pay the tax..........It ain't no different for you in the UK paying 4 times as much for petrol as we do in Malaysia.............do you still drive a car or ride a bike???

Do you drive at high speed?
No that would be breaking the law :) :)

And why's that. Malaysia is my home and if anyone living in Malaysia wants to own a Porsche or any imported car then you just pay the tax..........It ain't no different for you in the UK paying 4 times as much for petrol as we do in Malaysia.............do you still drive a car or ride a bike???

No that would be breaking the law :) :)

High horse.... Get off it... I suggest you read my post again, especially the last comment.

And for your information, I lived in Penang for 4 yrs until recently

So just buy lesser speed rating tyres, no point putting tyres on rated for 170mph if the fastest you go is 100mph less than that
Steve I like the tires that I bought.........I have no qualms about spending 1000 bucks for two tires that Porsche recommend I use....... its just a shame that my stupidity made me buy them ~6 months before I needed new tires

Reactions: ST4
Steve I like the tires that I bought.........I have no qualms about spending 1000 bucks for two tires that Porsche recommend I use....... its just a shame that my stupidity made me buy them ~6 months before I needed new tires

Why is everyone having a go at the price of his tyres?? LOL

Why is it that you get so much hate if you have a nice car on here?

Your tyres are the only contact with the road. Your brakes and suspension are totally at the mercy of your tyres. The tyres generate the grip - and how good your brakes are, is determined by that level of available grip.

Cheap tyres suck. I even put expensive tyres on my 12 year old Micra!!

Anyone who shops for tyres by price is an idiot.

Last edited:
So just buy lesser speed rating tyres, no point putting tyres on rated for 170mph if the fastest you go is 100mph less than that

You can't actually do that legally, not in the UK at least. In the UK the tyres must be rated for the manufacturer quoted maximum speed of the vehicle, regardless or whether you potter along at 40mph or not. Not only that, properly rated super sports tyres are designed to handle the torque and breaking loads of a high performance vehicle. Fitting poorly rated tyres to a performance car is not only illegal, but plain stupid.

If anything, you want to overdo it rather than fit lesser tyres. Cheap tyres are asking for trouble on anything with even a slight hint of performance.

At last ........at least more than two guys with any spence.
It would be the same as buying a high dollar camera and putting a Chinese knock off lens on it because it's only 20 quid

It would be the same as buying a high dollar camera and putting a Chinese knock off lens on it because it's only 20 quid

Back