OneStop Digital

Jessops wont match internet prices, they match (using their advert in magazine) prices from others in that same magazine I got that lens for I think £289 from them doing that or try Kerso. I did try getting a lens from OneStop using their price match as I found it cheaper online at another HK store but despite two emails they never replied, although I know others on here have had good results with them.

On a personal note, I concidered this as well a while back, and placed the question on another forum, in return i got mixed feelings and was told somtimes one can get hit via import/fedex tax, another was the fact they are grey imports and messing about if anything goes wrong etc.
I opted to go to my local camera shop and after a little haggle I purchased it for £269.00, I felt its not always about the cheapest.

Terrific lens.

I bought my Sigma 70-300 from them and had no problems at all. They offer to refund any and tax you get hit with too. I havent had to send anything back, but I guess that can be a bit of a bugger sending it all the way back to Hong Kong.

Also some manufacturers dont offer worldwide warrenties with certain things, such as Canon bodies which need to be purchased in the UK to have a warrenty that is valid in the UK (or thats how I understand it anyway).

I dont think Sigma are the same with lenses though. Though never looked into it properly to see where the line is from sending it back to HK and have it fixed over here on the warrenty :|

But overall they seem to be fine and cheap, can just be a bit of a faff if you have any problems with the lens (and with Sigmas interesting quality control you could well find that you might have a "soft copy")

Bought from OneStop a couple of times, no problems and fast delivery. If you do get hit by customs they will refund anything you have to pay.

Jessops pricematching is a bit hit and miss, it seems to depend on the store manager as much as anything else, but it's unlikely they would pricematch an import no matter what.

Camerapricebuster lists cameras2u (jessops under another name) as £278 with free delivery.

I bought my 70-200 from them they could not match the price but did lower it and when i asked them to throw in a filter they did, also bought my 580 ex from them, great service very quick and no import tax :)

I just wanted to pass on a good report. I ordered a Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8 from Onestop-digital for £209 all in. It arrived today, well packed, within 4 days of processing the order. They emailed informing me of the state of my order and replied promptly to my queries.

I paid no import or VAT. What you see advertised is what you pay.

I just saved a lot of money and got a service as good as (if not better than) I would expect in the UK from a reputable supplier.

I am not related to these people in any way, just one happy customer (planning his next purchase):clap:

Bros, i notice that all items are shipped from Hong Kong, is there ant VAT/Import Duties charges when the item arrive to UK?... Onestop's prices are really cool, no beat! the Sigma 10-20mm and Tamron 90mm is my target now!

No Tax or duty, and if you do get hit, they refund very promptly from other reports round here. I bought that same Sigma 10-20 last year from them, ordered late thursday night, arrived monday morning, well packaged and great service. When I did have a query they replied very quickly.

Back