Onestop

ASH

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
No
Hi all, I've read a few threads on people buying from Onestop Digital. Just wondered what your thoughts are on their service. I'm looking to buy a speedlight for my 5D, and they have a 580 EX for £239.99 which is amazing. My next question or two is, where are they based and can I still use my Canon voucher?.

I don't think anyone has had to return anything as yet, though their delivery times for new items seem to be very good.

Hong Kong and probably not. :(

Hong Kong and if it is the voucher book from your camera, then I think so.
I think it doesnt stipulate where it is purchased from, just where the purchaser is claiming from.

Onestop-Digital are brilliant in my experience (only one order but still). Friendly, quick, and no hassle at all.

Onestop are ace.

You can definitely use the voucher. All Canon say is that the 'end user' has to reside in one of the participating countries. It doesn't matter where the end user bought the product from.

Got my Sigma 70-300mm from Onestop without any import tax. The Sigma 18-50 did get taxed but they refunded me the tax (plus the admin fee FedEx charged) within a week of me posting them the reciept. However the tax was only £13 anyway because they cleverly marked it as a 'repaired lens' with a value of £30 (for the repair), rather than new goods, which is what it was.

Wouldn't hesitate to use them again unless I found the same item cheaper in the UK, which sometimes happens on eBay but it's generally rare.

Cheers guys, sounding good so far. So with the voucher I could get a 580 EX speedlight for just over £200.00, :D :thumb:

Can't recommend them enough. Fast delivery, what you see is what you pay (unlike some other e-bay sellers who cut price then charge 40 notes for delivery) helpful. A breath of fresh air!

fingerz said:
Onestop are ace.

You can definitely use the voucher. All Canon say is that the 'end user' has to reside in one of the participating countries. It doesn't matter where the end user bought the product from.

Got my Sigma 70-300mm from Onestop without any import tax. The Sigma 18-50 did get taxed but they refunded me the tax (plus the admin fee FedEx charged) within a week of me posting them the reciept. However the tax was only £13 anyway because they cleverly marked it as a 'repaired lens' with a value of £30 (for the repair), rather than new goods, which is what it was.

Wouldn't hesitate to use them again unless I found the same item cheaper in the UK, which sometimes happens on eBay but it's generally rare.

Just checked the rules at the back of the voucher book and it states that you have to buy the product in one of the countries listed. So anything from Hong Kong is not acceptable.

Oh right, sorry. My mistake. They must have changed it because it certainly used to say that the end user had to live in one of those countries. Milou got his 17-40L from 7dayshop (back when they had Canon stuff) and used the voucher.

fingerz said:
Oh right, sorry. My mistake. They must have changed it because it certainly used to say that the end user had to live in one of those countries. Milou got his 17-40L from 7dayshop (back when they had Canon stuff) and used the voucher.

It does say that, but also says :

4) the promotion runs in the following 14 countries: Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. For the cash back to apply the products on the above list must be purchased in either of those countries.

http://www.canonextrapromotion.com/terms.aspx

The promotion runs in the following 14 countries: Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom. For the Cash Back to apply, the products on the above list must be purchased by an end-user in either of those countries.

No change accroding to the website - you can use the voucher.

milou said:
http://www.canonextrapromotion.com/terms.aspx

No change accroding to the website - you can use the voucher.

I think you missed this bit

The promotion runs in the following 14 countries: Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom. For the Cash Back to apply, the products on the above list must be purchased by an end-user in either of those countries.

Look at the last line.

Er...no I didn't. My quote is the direct quote from the Canon site - have a look at item 4 in the terms.

The last line says: For the Cash Back to apply, the products on the above list must be purchased by an end-user in either of those countries." This means that YOU the purchaser must be resident in one of the countries - nowt about having to purchase the actual item from one of the countries.

milou said:
Er...no I didn't. My quote is the direct quote from the Canon site - have a look at item 4 in the terms.

The last line says: For the Cash Back to apply, the products on the above list must be purchased by an end-user in either of those countries." This means that YOU the purchaser must be resident in one of the countries - nowt about having to purchase the actual item from one of the countries.

Yeah I see your point. Depends on how you interpret it I suppose

ASH said:
Depends on how you interpret it I suppose

Well as has been mentioned, milou successfully used it on his 17-40L which originated outside the UK and was imported in.

So up to you. But I can't see why you wouldn't take the money off. Or at least try. It's not like it's a criminal offence. The worst they can do is say no.

Back