Online 'hosting'/upload sites??

Name
Lee Thurston
Edit My Images
Yes
Just wondering if anyone knows a good online hosting site, "hosting site" is the best way to describe it, I guess.

But basically I want an online group or page(s) where I can upload videos, photos, members (3 or 4!!) can post comments. In my old age, I'm getting a bit arty farty and messing around with camcorders and adding music to my meanderings so just want a dumping ground for this sort of stuff, as well as my attempts at photography.

... Infact, basically I guess im wondering if there's an alternative to facebook, myspace or youtube?!?!?!

Thanks!

Flickr.com for images
Vimeo.com for movies

:) Both are at the top of the pack for their respective uses.

Yeah, it handles video but you're restricted to 30 seconds. Vimeo is great because the community will give awesome feedback because that is what they are all about. Plus it supports HD video :D

and vimeo has a lot of helmet cam stuff from mountain biking and seems pretty good for video-maybe youll have to use one site for each?

There are some amazing short films on vimeo made by amateurs. There is also a lot less of the MySpace/YouTube types on there, which is always nice.

Back