Online photo gallery software

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
No
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some help and ideas. I'd like to display my photos on my own website and currently use a flash photo gallery which makes it easy to build and add to but of course flash is not supported in Safari browsers. So I'm now wondering about moving to a JavaScript based gallery but would like something that makes it easy to build and add to galleries. I've done the code your own thing and after a bit you spend more time messing with webpages than choosing and uploading pictures.

I've looked briefly at Jalbum to build galleries and publish to mynown wensite and also wondered about uploading to 500px and linking to a portfolio on there.

Ideally I'd like something that can be integrated seamlessly with my existing website and allows me to easily build and modify galleries of pictures.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

You may want to consider using Wordpress. There are a lot of gallery plugins available for it and the PHP backend makes it really easy to update and add content to. I recently ported my own personal website from a regular HTML template that I created years back to a Wordpress template; I created my own Wordpress theme in an app called Artisteer that I bought for about 30 quid, and managed to recreate my original website to look pretty much exactly the same in Wordpress. The whole process took just a few hours. Adding features like galleries and such are literally just a button push to install.

500px is okay (I have one of their advanced accounts) but honestly I find the templates a little poorly designed and actually kinda naff because you can't customise what pages you want on it and such.

Are you selling online? Jalbum can do both gallery and online sales (chameleon) or for super wizzo sales site i now use Photocart.

Back