Only the Rocks & Roots Remain

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
I went up to my old homeland in Glen Prosen today to take some pictures for a project I have long wanted to do.
The area is now just bare hill but once there had been quite a lot of people living there on the lower hill. Now all that remains are the rocks showing where their dwellings had been.
Further up the hill a Larch woodland once stood but was felled for the war effort. A few trees were left.Mostly its just roots that remain.
no1 Remains of a home
Rocks11.jpg

no2 More stones with the Craig in the background. I helped plant that.

Rocks31.jpg

no3. More remains

Rocks41.jpg

no4
Rocks5.jpg

no5 Nature reclaims the roots

Rocks7.jpg

no6 Looking across the Glen to the Roadmans Wood I grew up in the house in the left corner of that wood. I also helped to fence & plant that at 15 years old.

Rocks8.jpg

no7
Rocks9.jpg

no8
Rocks10.jpg

no9 Larch root

Rocks111.jpg

no10Looking towards Glen Tairie
Rocks121.jpg

Thanks for sharing Sawman. Some beautiful colours in those shots. Made me feel a little sad thinking of what was and now is. Oh well time moves on and leaves us in it's wake!!
Good shots :)

Lovely colours and story, Charlie. No.2 is my favourite. (y)

Such an array of lovely colours for winter.
All good shots with info, thanks for sharing (y) as we dont get scenery like that down here.

Such an array of lovely colours for winter.
All good shots with info, thanks for sharing (y) as we dont get scenery like that down here.

You're right there, Byrhtnoth,.... doesnt look much like Admiral's Park in Chelmsford does it!!! ;) :D

Back