oooh a sunset in gambia!

1st. It would be better if you could get the picture in the post using the add image icon. You may get more responses. I was going to do it for you, then I realised you've got over the size allowance (800 max).

As far as the image goes it's ok. There are a few things that I would try to avoid or kick myself if i'd taken the shot. You have a nice milky sea at the front, but the exposure isn't long enough to have a consistent look to the sea. Where the waves have almost been captured breaking further back. That is the main thing that I don't like. other than that, its a sunset.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Nathan,would have personally gone for a longer expo but didnt have enough filters also i cocked up big time by not having the camera iso settings correctly set up :bang: 500iso DOH! Anyway i dont get out with the camera much anymore just dont seem motivated at moment but off to dorset jurassic coast in july so hopeing to get some technically good shots going.... to get the creative juices flowing again! Thanks again for your input! Cheers

Ozzy.

Sorry it is not really my cup of tea. It could have done with some foreground interest. There seems to be some shadow cutting across the front of the image too that sort of spoils it a bit. There is also no detail in the sky and the image does appear a bit dark.

I'm sorry to sound negative.

No problem i appreciate your opinion! I now no why my motivation is lacking cos im taking pics of pure crap!:D

Jason,

I think that a lot of people avoid giving critique when they do not like something but you posted it days ago and haven't had any actual critique. We all learn by critique and I have had similar critique about images that I did that clearly I thought were good till someone told me what was wrong. I am sure that you have lots of images that will get better responses and it is just my opinion.

Your opinion is fine mate! I just take the rough with the smooth and all opinions count and ill least learn!

Back