Oops Again!

Edit My Images
Yes
Is it only my wee town that lorries get stuck under bridges etc?

Here's another one, no bridge involved this time though. (It is only 200yds further on up the road:thinking:)

telegraphpole1.jpg

telegraphpole2.jpg

telegraphpole3.jpg

Nobody hurt thankfully but I think the pole needs sorted asap as it's hanging literally by a thread (cable). Could have been a lot worse had it come down on the car as it would've done but for the telephone wires.

On a technical point, on my screen there is a purple halo/haze around the line of the light and the bonnet in the first two shots. (80-200 f2.8) and not in the second. (18-200 vr). Any ideas?
Apart from a couple of seagull shots these are the first with my recently arrived(this morning) 80-200 f2.8 ED.

TFL
David.

The purple stuff is UV light, its called fringing, my camer (S5700) suffers rather badly with it. It usually occure in high contrast situations (shooting up at a tree into the sky for example)

I imagine that a UV filter would help, but i don't really know. Photoshop or something can sort it out easily though.

Damn! Must have been going at a fair speed down what looks like a 30 mph road?! Was it a sunday by any chance hehe.
I would say get a UV filter...definately helps...I have one somewhere!

Definately 30mph limit and to be honest on the bend it's hard to go faster. It was probably a loss of concentration or whatever as the traffic flow is generally slow there anyhow.

Reference the fringing, I've been reading up (they say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing) and it looks like "blooming" to me. The reason I say that is the first two look overexposed to me when compared to the last so..... Bearing in mind that this is an f2.8 lens and my first shots with it, this (I hope) may be the problem.
There was a uv filter on at the time.

Thanks for the responses and keep 'em coming. This is the first time I've experienced this type of thing and still need to learn.:rules:

David.

Thanks Matty..... I drive one and the missus drives drives the new C4 Pic.:shrug:

Might not have been going that fast actually.

To cut a long story REALLY short.

A car was about 1 foot from a ballard, and shot forwards, the huge dent it left was about 75% the size of that one, except they burst the radiator so water spilled out everywhere.

Could've been worse... it was only a picasso ;) :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Just kidding :D

Sorry but I have to share your humour...it could have been an Audi, Merc or something along those lines!

:exit:

Certainly looks like a 'Picasso' now though..

Back