Oops! I did it again....

lawrie29

Balloons! Yay!
Name
Lawrie
Edit My Images
Yes
Following from the other thread, I have now own an OM-10. £2.20 + £4 postage, so £6.60 for this, body only.

As with the other thread, I have done no research into this at all.

So would someone please tell me what lens will fit this.

And I know I could google it, but you guys like helping, and it is also nice to find out if I got a good deal or not.......

Last edited:
Following from the other thread, I have now own an OM-10. £2.20 + £4 postage, so £6.60 for this, body only.

And I know I could google it, but you guys like helping, and it is also nice to find out if I got a good deal or not.......

Erm for about £8 more you could have got it with a lens, anyway:-

It's Olympus OM mount...ATM the VG Olympus Zuiko 50mm f1.8 is still going cheap.

Not so good this time!

Out of interest Brian, where could I have got it for £15 with a lens?

Alternatively click here

I started my SLR involvement with a Canon AE-1

been looking for one on eBay as a sentimental acquisition

SELL ME YOURS and I'll DOUBLE your investment......:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Stranger things have happened John!

Not so good this time!

Out of interest Brian, where could I have got it for £15 with a lens?

The bay, gumtree, boot sales if you are not in a hurry and can wait...last year at the boot sale a guy wanted £15 for a OM20 + Olympus 75-150mm zoom, he wouldn't accept my offer of £12....I didn't care as I already have an OM20 (and OM10) and just wanted the lens to play with. ;)

On the 'bay, the lens is going for £15 on it's own.

only hit the button to bid as a what the hell moment.

I also missed a Zenith E that went for £1.76 + £5 postage, and had a pentacon 50mm on it.

I also missed a Zenith E that went for £1.76 + £5 postage, and had a pentacon 50mm on it.

That Pentacon is up with the top 50mm lenses, nice buy if it would fit your Olympus with M42 adapter but the OM mount is U/S for screw lenses, OK for Tamron though. For film the camera is just a light box, so the lens is important (erm well so is the human) and why turn down a VG lens because a camera is ugly and just need the screws of the mount tightened up.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-T70-Bod...otography_Film_Cameras_ET&hash=item20b72a6aa6

Last edited:
Shame someone else bought it!

Shame someone else bought it!

Well I work in reverse in that I buy my chosen lens/lenses at a bargain price and buy the camera body to suit (doesn't work with Nikon as everything is expensive). I didn't want a Practica BC1 but how could I refuse all these lenses to play with for £18 the lot...at the bootie.

DSC00667.jpg

I agree that would be the way forwards. However, I would have no idea what mount is on the lenses and whether they could be used on anything else!
Just waiting on another of my late night button presses, about five minutes to go....

I am Not the proud owner of a battered looking PEN EE with a zuiko lens - went for £3.61+£2.95 shipping.

Least I only have 2 packages to explain to the misses!

I agree that would be the way forwards. However, I would have no idea what mount is on the lenses and whether they could be used on anything else!

Well now I can buy most lenses, if going at bargain prices, because I'll have a camera body or adapter to fit it :LOL:

about £1.75 overpriced I reckon :LOL:

And yes - I know the lens is decent enough - but I've got all the fast 50mm primes I need (EF 1.2L and a FD 1.4 SSC)

Last edited:
about £1.75 overpriced I reckon :LOL:

And yes - I know the lens is decent enough - but I've got all the fast 50mm primes I need (EF 1.2L and a FD 1.4 SSC)

I did think that! which is why I went no more than £1.50, and that only on impulse.

Thought the PEN could have been fun, but it was not in good condition so no great loss.

I am waiting on one more to see if I have win another film camera or not.......will update as I know.

I have an oly 50mm f1.8 you can have, I got it off another member of the forum for postage as it was very battered and riddled with fungus, I've since cleaned it up used it a bit and aquired a much nicer one. So if you want a very tatty 50m f1.8 PM me you address and I'll send it you if you will cover the postage.

Thanks Puggie, that would be awesome (y)

Let me know how much for postage and how you want it sending to you.

OM10 now received. It looks really clean, no obvious knocks. Shutter action seems good, even has a battery in it. Just need to have more of a play, get a lens some film, something to shoot....

Can I just say a MASSIVE thank you to Puggie, who has been kind enough not only to send me the 50mm lens for my OM10, but also put a film into the package as well so I can get started.

The generosity of this forum always impresses me.

Many thanks Puggie, I'll try and take a decent shot to show you shortly.

****the 50mm lens for my OM10***

You'll be impressed with that Zuiko 50mm f1.8 as it up amongst the top nifty fifty's.

Am I right to focus on this camera, I have to make the two halves of the circle in the centre of the viewfinder matchup?

(y)

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I have nearly finished running a film through this, results soon............;)

As promised in February of this year, I now have some picturs to show for my efforts. The camera battery went mid way throught the roll, so lost some shots. Also the Aperture ring on the lens (and I cannot moan about this as it was a gift) does not stay on a setting unless held, so needed to hold that in place and focus at the same time, which took a little getting used to. SO here are the pick of my efforts (ones in focus and not blurry!) for you to comment on. I am quite please with my hit ratio as I have 10 shots here, so about 1 in three, which is better than I expected.

I had the film put on CD at ASDA and have done no crops or colour adjustment.

I thought this lady was thinking she was anywhere but Wonderland.

CNV000052.jpg

Manchesters now defunct wheel.

CNV000041.jpg

One of my favourite shots of this set. I always liked this sign.

CNV000081.jpg

A photo of a shop selling photos....
CNV000091.jpg

The other of my favourite shots from this set. I like the DOF and the composition, whilst the grain and colour are not something I would have acheived in digital.
CNV00011.jpg

I still like this one, I like the hat, but think the previous shot has better light and colour.

CNV000121.jpg

Last edited:
I like the map, although the composition is a little dull, should have tried to do more with it.
CNV000184.jpg

This sign caught my eye. Bit dull on film though...
CNV000173.jpg

I liked this shot when I took it, the couple to the one side, the wreaths, etc. I still like it, but feel it needs something. maybe a crop.

CNV000191.jpg

I took this because of the contract of the portaloos being the First Class facilities. Gutted that the shot isn't clear, but that is one of the joys of film. again, should have tried harder with composition.

CNV000201.jpg

Ive been to a few boot sales and never seem camera equipment going on the cheap. Maybe londoners just don't do that

:) You don't say "tomorrow I'm going to a boot sale to pick up some cameras and lenses"....you have to go every week (before 8:30 if possible) and then at the right place at the right time bingo.....Oh and luck, as a person could see something one minute before you and buy it, and the times a seller has said to me "I've just sold a......."

Back