"Oops, my finger slipped. £1140 later..."

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
This will be the excuse for when the parentals receive my latest bank statement as I just "accidentally" bought a Canon 7D + Grip from MPB. I also slipped onto TP and PM'd kerso for another battery for it too. Clumsy ol' me!

As some of you may know I was on the fence over getting the 7D or 5D2. But with a 7D + grip (important) coming onto MPB on the same night I just had to do it. It was meant to be.

Tom N.

Nice. Enjoy.

Your parents get your bank statements I think it the more interesting part of this thread :p

Your parents get your bank statements I think it the more interesting part of this thread :p

This is true. May end up being the case that this thread may turn into one that is useless without pictures...of my battered and bruised face. :bonk: :help: Haha.

I feel a phone call may be in order tomorrow. I'll have to explain just how much of an opportunity this was and if I hadn't taken it then it would have been a very bad thing. :thinking:

Tom N.

This is true. May end up being the case that this thread may turn into one that is useless without pictures...of my battered and bruised face. :bonk: :help: Haha.

I feel a phone call may be in order tomorrow. I'll have to explain just how much of an opportunity this was and if I hadn't taken it then it would have been a very bad thing. :thinking:

Tom N.

Or call the bank, have them re-route the statements to you?

Tom N.

How old are you? Do you have to have permission to buy everything? Unless they pay it then its abit cheeky spending that amount , but if you work and pay then cant see why you have to explain yourself to them.(y)

How old are you? Do you have to have permission to buy everything? Unless they pay it then its abit cheeky spending that amount , but if you work and pay then cant see why you have to explain yourself to them.(y)

I'm 19 and at university. My statemets go home because there wasn't a proper postal address for the halls of residence I was in last year. And I've still not directed them to my current address because I don't know if I'll be moving into different accomodation next academic year. Plus I don't really need my bank statements so it's not worth doing in all honesty. Anything I buy I can easily have delivered to this address.

I do indeed have a job and it is all my own money being spent so I know I don't really have to explain to anyone. But I like having input from my parents. I know, I'm a geek/square/nerd/mothers boy. I'm sensible enough not to spend all my money though. I always keep quite a sgnificant amount in my account which I call my "t*ts up fund" just in case things go badly, quickly.

Tom N.

Tommy, you sound much too sensible for 19, what happened to sex, drugs and rock n roll?!

Dunc

Maybe we used them all up before young Tom here could have a go. :shrug::LOL:

Enjoy the new toy. (y)

my mate bought a lens and didn't want his parents to find out he'd bought it... so had it posted to my house.

oops...

RvCMcl.jpg

Tommy, you sound much too sensible for 19, what happened to sex, drugs and rock n roll?!

Dunc

Maybe we used them all up before young Tom here could have a go. :shrug::LOL:

Enjoy the new toy. (y)

What he said. :) I have my moments. But it rarely involves money. I don't like risking it. :thinking:

You are not a nerd Tom, when you are older you will recognise the good advice and help from parents is for you're own good..................what am I preaching about,:shrug: you obviously know that already (y)

I was taught by the best how to save. My mother is so good at saving money that if she finds an extraordinary bargain, she will buy two of said item to save my step-dad twice as much. The logic is flawless. :clap:

my mate bought a lens and didn't want his parents to find out he'd bought it... so had it posted to my house.

oops...

RvCMcl.jpg

That's quite a tricky one to keep hidden for any legth of time. Have his parents found out yet? And if so, I'd like to see the after version of that picture. I think his expression may be slightly different. :puke:

oops...

RvCMcl.jpg

Don't think I'd want it back :puke: :)

I was taught by the best how to save. My mother is so good at saving money that if she finds an extraordinary bargain, she will buy two of said item to save my step-dad twice as much. The logic is flawless. :clap:

Can you teach me? I am terrible at saving! I don't go out buying things all the time, I just can't seem to accumulate any sort of savings. It all just disappears :(

Can you teach me? I am terrible at saving! I don't go out buying things all the time, I just can't seem to accumulate any sort of savings. It all just disappears :(

I'm thinking of launching some kind of course with my mother being primary course leader/executive penny-saver. All depending upon relative interest and numbers etc. :)

Tom N.

I am 24 and currently living with my Mum (I won't go into the reasons why, but I have a good excuse), and I recently bought a 135L. My Lord I was so scared that she would open in or something and see how much it cost, I fobbed it off as "some cheap photographic equipment I got off eBay"

Phew.

You can't use word Cheap and Photographic Equipment in same sentence your just lucky your mum don't understand photography

I wonder which is worse mum and dads or wives answers on a postcard please

See I knew there was a reason for my lad going to uni, not for the further education but so he can add to his never ending collection of camera's and accessories thinking I wouldn't know:naughty:

However I am the queen of "Oh that I've had that ages" so he can't pull the sheeps coat over my eyes;)

I am 24 and currently living with my Mum (I won't go into the reasons why, but I have a good excuse), and I recently bought a 135L. My Lord I was so scared that she would open in or something and see how much it cost, I fobbed it off as "some cheap photographic equipment I got off eBay"

Phew.

Good thinking. Don't think my mum would buy it though. I think at some point I may have explained white lenses or ones with red rings are top-notch kit. This brings about, in her mind, a massive price tag. I could try it though at some point. :LOL:

See I knew there was a reason for my lad going to uni, not for the further education but so he can add to his never ending collection of camera's and accessories thinking I wouldn't know:naughty:

However I am the queen of "Oh that I've had that ages" so he can't pull the sheeps coat over my eyes;)

We've been rumbled! Scarper! :exit:

Tom N.

oops...

RvCMcl.jpg

They say a picture says a thousand words and I think that says all there needs to be said about Canon's white 'L' lenses XD

if your a 7D user now then youve gotta change your avatar lol

So far I'm a 7D "purchaser". Until that bad boy is in my hands some time between 9am and 4:30pm tomorrow, I'm not an owner and my sig/avatar will stay as such. :LOL:

Gotta have something to look forward to. :clap:
As well as 8 fps of course... :canon:

Tom N.

Tom maybe your finger could slip and you can do a bank transfer ot my account so i can buy a camera :)

Tom maybe your finger could slip and you can do a bank transfer ot my account so i can buy a camera :)

If only. :)
I still have a fair few things on my list. 24-70/105, 300/400 f/4 and a 580EX. But first, a little more saving I think.

Tom N.

You're doing it the right way Tom. Good luck to you mate and enjoy your new gear.

Kev.

You're doing it the right way Tom. Good luck to you mate and enjoy your new gear.

Kev.

Thanks Kev. I definately plan on doing just that. I'll turn into a 7 year old again, no doubt.

Tom N.

Congrats Tom, you'll love it!

Wish I was more like you from a saving point of view, I'm paying the price for spending silly amounts on the ol' credit card last year... :(

I wonder which is worse mum and dads or wives answers on a postcard please[/QUOTE]

Wife's answer on a postcard is definately worst!

I cant repeat what she sent!!

...and to think I have just agonised for about an hour about whether to buy a SH SB-600 from good ole MPB.

My finger slipped in the end too :nuts:

Enjoy your new VERY EXPENSIVE toy :eek: (y)

...and to think I have just agonised for about an hour about whether to buy a SH SB-600 from good ole MPB.

My finger slipped in the end too :nuts:

Enjoy your new VERY EXPENSIVE toy :eek: (y)

No no, me and the PR team have come up with "bargain of the decade!!!". Should go down quite well really when you put it like that.

Also enjoy your new "bargain".

Tom N.

Well folks. It has arrived!

First impressions....Bloody lovely!!!! Good job I ordered some more memory cards though. This thing can chew up a 4GB card with less than 150 shots. Let's hope I get chance to use it tonight. Possibility of me shooting a university drama production in the poorly lit arts theater. Fun times.

Tom N.

EDIT: Big thanks to Matt and the rest of the MPB gang. Fast and efficient service. Not got a bad word to say about them.

Back